šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Ordered GL2k from Linsoul on the 8th, just shipped this morning.

2 Likes

Awesome! They may be getting some back in stock gradually. I ordered mine on the 17th of January. Consequently, It may be a bit more time before I get my shipping confirmation. Once it arrives, would it be ok if you give an update regarding how many days shipping took? I am interested in how fast the express shipping option is that Linsoul offers. Hope it arrives fast!

1 Like

Same. Mine are scheduled to be here Friday.

2 Likes

hmm, cant see an estimated arrival date on my end.

nvm, mine says saturday on the shop app

2 Likes

Mine will also be delivered on Friday! So stoked. In AZ for reference.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YBNX0HmAQQ - A new review for anyone interested.

1 Like

I feel like I need to remind people that loctite exists for the gl2000 cup screws.

5 Likes

this hasnā€™t happened to me yet, manufacturing happens to everyone so

Funny how two out of two review units of 600ā‚¬ headphones have a screw looseā€¦

This was the cold splash of water I needed to cancel my order, thanks. Although I donā€™t think I share preferences with the reviewer, Iā€™d rather wait and see what more people think.

So if the GL2000 is between Sundara and Anandaā€¦ does that mean it underperforms? Sure, they ainā€™t hype, but are they good? I heard too much technical words from that last review lol, but Iā€™m also a fan of big soundstage and relaxed top frequenciesā€¦ so I guess Iā€™ll be fine.

1 Like

Interesting, I certainally respect your restraint and decision, though it is after all only one review and itā€™s not like he smashed it into the ground.

The reviewerā€™s video does paint perhaps a darker picturer than what others have. However I also know this guy to be very very technical and nit picky about headphones.

A comment from ā€œZā€ himself and few others made me reconsider the reviewerā€™s stance on it. - ā€œI donā€™t measure, I enjoy, and there is no other headphone I enjoy moreā€.

4 Likes

And hereā€™s the bump on the train tracks thatā€™s starting the derailment of the hype trainā€¦

Iā€™ll post a link to the ThieAudio Phantom thread for those who are curious how this ends.

7 Likes

Meh. I have blue tack on my L700mk2sā€¦ a headphone needing a dab of Loctite doesnā€™t bother me (tbh, I skipped the build quality section because thatā€™s been discussed to death). If I didnā€™t already have Argons for music Iā€™d be really interested in these for music (the graph in the treble looks a lot like how the Argons sound to me). The Argons are a ton of fun to listen to and I suspect these are as well. For gaming, I donā€™t think these would work for me (I only play Overwatch) because Echo and Zen have crazy treble audio queues.

1 Like

Iā€™ll chime in here on this being that I have these on order as well.

I appreciate both Z and Andrew on their respective reviews. I am just getting into ā€œaudiophileā€ quality of sound and so admittingly I did jump on the hype. What I realize is you have 2 very different kinds of reviews here. I do not listen to headphones to critique the sound and every subtle detail of things. I also listen to enjoyā€¦hell I game mostly so yes I enjoy first.

I hovered cancelling on Drop after I watched Andrews review. Literally finger on the key to send the requestā€¦but then I had to 2nd guess myself.

I was looking into the Zeus before this at 350.00 Then I decided to stretch that further to 500 range and looked at the Aeon Open X/RT. Almost ordered those too. Then saw Zā€™s review. Nobody got as excited about those cans as Z. Itā€™s not just Z though, itā€™s others that have listened to them. Both on this forum and discussions on Drop. That many people canā€™t be drinking the crazy coolaid and just be dead wrong. Most of those reviewers (and I mean no offense to this) gave some technical remarks but basically just enjoyed the hell out of them. So, thatā€™s what I am looking for.

So perhaps that will help others decide as well.

My ONLY true concern would be on QC. I can adjust a screw and tighten over time. No issue with that as long as the thing doesnā€™t fall apart. The weight is also a concern considering my TYGR 300 are fairly light. So Iā€™m still excited to get these and see for myself realizing its a big jump from a 180 set to 580.

5 Likes

For anyone interesting Soundnews will drop his review sometimes next month. If youā€™re considering this headphones you might want to check his take on it, he has many planars to compares to and he always do a great job imo.

4 Likes

I appreciate your stance as most of us are here to have fun. Iā€™ve had a lot of reviews and opinions ruin some of my gear for me. When most layman people see my setup, they go nuts. It is only in this world where I get people scoffing at my equipment. I think everyone needs to chill a bit. Not just on these headphones. I can find stuff I hate that everyone else seems to love and vice versa.

9 Likes

I am also new to this being an audiophile stuff. I bought a pair of sivga phoenix based on reviews. Saw the DMS review as well, looking at a different perspective. Just bought the gl2000 and only have one headphone to compare to, so thisll be fun. Got it off of drop for $549 with the help of my fam. Just looking to enjoy them.

6 Likes