đŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Do you currently have the GL2000 and are unhappy with it? Or are you just thinking down the road?

Amazon has pretty strict requirements on third party sellers. Basically they require every their third party seller to have the same refund/return policy as if they are sold and fulfilled by amazon, so domestic return only, no restocking fee, possibly reimbursement of return postage otherwise third party seller can’t sell on Amazon platform. It’s immensely favourable for consumers. And resellers like Linsoul and many others do want to use this huge platform after all people such as yourself (and me) would hesitate to buy from them directly but would not question Amazon. So it’s a business cost / risk they take in return for better exposure / more sales. Whereas on their own website it’s a take it or leave it situation they can set whatever return policy they want as long as it’s within the law

1 Like

I just ordered mine (double magnet). Hoping to receive it between 4 and 7 weeks from now.

Zeos got me very, very curious. Man
 i have never heard him talk so exited about any pair of headphones or speakers. Even the tonality of his voice was excited in a way that I have never heard before. So to me that means he’s genuinely saying how he experiences the headphones.

Just can’t wait to receive my pair, just tobe equally “Bewitched, bothered and bewildered”. If the headphones don’t do that to me, then ZEOS PANTERA is going to be in for a verbal bashing and I’m gonna make him pay for my pair. (Ha ha
 LOL)

3 Likes

I dont Know, everybody Love this new Headphones but i feel Like zeos Just Made a Hugh Deal with linsoul and this pair of Headphones are Just i dont want say Trash, but not really Worth the Hype.
I will follow this Thread and Headphones because if they really that good than ofc i need a pair aswell.
Its Just Like the heddphone, everybody Said they Play above there pricepoint, and now, Nobody Cares about Them.

4 Likes

You won’t get a definitive, objective answer to that. It’s a very subjective thing, everyone likes another things in a headphone, for some it’s the best what they heard, for some it’s average at most. (there are already negative opinions on this). It’s not even fortunate to wait for enough reviews, because doesn’t matter if 98 out of 100 people saying it’s the best on the world, when you are one of the two, who will say it’s not :slight_smile:

Imho if you (or anyone) has the money to spend (and it doesn’t hurt) try it out, but don’t expect too much from it and you wont be disappointed that much :slight_smile:

Btw, i ordered it too, maybe it’s the miracle headphone that we are all waiting (cheap, but high performing), but generally i don’t believe in miracles :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There are a lot of well performing, truly inexpensive headphones. The 400i is 169$ and sounds great the 560S is 199$ and sounds great the Verum is 349$ and sounds great. The 400SE is $99 and sounds great (with caveats). ~600$ is really only cheap compared to the very expensive picks, though if it can match them, then it deserves all the praise it can get :wink:

2 Likes

600€ is not anywhere close to cheap. At that price point, it is more expensive than NDH20’s, DT-1990’s, HD-660s, AH-D7200, LCD-1’s and some others.

1 Like

You’re right, i should wrote that as “cheap”, relative cheap compared to the most expensive headphones, because some say it’s the best they heard.

1 Like

I think a really solid answer to the amp question would be a hybrid amp. They do very well with planars generally provide the power and warmth without the weirdness of a traditional tube amp.

600 is about mid-range for audio equipment. as far as US dollars. 600 per piece of equipment will get you a very good mid range set up. you can obviously probably spend less on a dac and spend more on the headphones or speakers but you get what you pay for most of the time as long as you avoid the snake oil. 600 for speakers is almost low end you gotta spend 1000 to get into the game for real but headphones have advanced quite a bit to be cheaper. then again you are getting a much less substantial product.

What I am trying to say is:

• 600€ is not a budget or entry level price point
  • to get your moneys worth out of a 600€ headphone, you need at least an entry level DAC and good quality amp

• at the price point of the GL2000, there is a lot of well respected competition
3 Likes

Ordered GL2k from Linsoul on the 8th, just shipped this morning.

2 Likes

Awesome! They may be getting some back in stock gradually. I ordered mine on the 17th of January. Consequently, It may be a bit more time before I get my shipping confirmation. Once it arrives, would it be ok if you give an update regarding how many days shipping took? I am interested in how fast the express shipping option is that Linsoul offers. Hope it arrives fast!

1 Like

Same. Mine are scheduled to be here Friday.

2 Likes

hmm, cant see an estimated arrival date on my end.

nvm, mine says saturday on the shop app

2 Likes

Mine will also be delivered on Friday! So stoked. In AZ for reference.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YBNX0HmAQQ - A new review for anyone interested.

1 Like

I feel like I need to remind people that loctite exists for the gl2000 cup screws.

5 Likes