šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Look, I was tired with like 2 hours sleep lmao. I can dream the 177x GO is open back too ya know?

4 Likes

Just get both!

1 Like

The fostex X00 is so much better than the 177X

1 Like

I assume your speaking of mahogany, purple heart, and ebony which are discontinued and cost typically $500? Thatā€™s rather subjectiveā€¦

1 Like

Yeah theyā€™re both closed low end focused cans. Well worth the hassle to buy it over the 177X

Probably agree with you about the Fostex. They are generally great. However, the 177xGo is all about portability and ease to drive. I easily push mine off of a modified BTR5 setup and it is a killer wireless configuration. The Fostex review recommends Liquid Carbon. That setup is VERY different. I take my Beyers on planes. Or, I used to.

Once again, buy both!

1 Like

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DevotedInferiorHadrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

3 Likes

It really doesnā€™t consume that much power 12 Oā€™clock on less than 1 watt and those fostex are super loud. Itā€™s just not as portable. But god the bass is worth it. So well extended

I just remembered the emu teak was still on sale as well.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what dac/amp would you guys recommend for this headphone?

2 Likes

Not a dumb question at all, what is your budget? And are you based in US

2 Likes

Anyone here tried it on a ifi Zen DAC / CAN combo? Will it be enought or do i have to upgrade :confused:. I have the DAC and if it works on the combo I would buy the CAN, or just start to look for something else to power this headphone.

I second the question regarding the amp matching these headphones. I understand true tube amplifier will not work due to the impedance issues with planar design.

Honestly, anything $700 or below. I remember him saying Dethonray Honey H1. So Iā€™m looking at that but want to see other options.

@woobi32 and @DEEPY so honestly, with this being a new headphone, and not much consumer reviews yet, i would not fret too much with amps and dacs. With your $700 budget, a good start would be an Asgard3,modius stack at least, also to max out your budget,a monolith liquid platinum could also work well here. There are also a lot of $200-500(especially used prices) amps that are well liked here too. Like a Lake People G111,Gilmore Lite mk2,Geshelli Erish,Jds Labs El Amp, to name a few. Have you bought the GL yet?

With dacs, the $100-300 range is great, and i would not spend more than that in this budget range. But Schiit,Geshelli, and Jds Labs make great dacs in this price range

3 Likes

This is perfect. Always great to save money. Thank you for your help.

3 Likes

Im also looking for a new amp to power the GL2000 (not yet in my possession)

Going back and forth with the Topping A90 and Flux fa-12 balancedā€¦ Arrr canā€™t choose :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What are you using now?

Ifi Zen Can