đŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Wow, this is actually very nice of them and really good to know they’re willing to do this!

Graph kinda does look like the Argon Mk3 w/ Protein pads (the only config that I don’t hate on them).

Argon w/ Proteins:

GL2000:
https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/headphones/optimized/3X/f/1/f1feb08c802211596a761a9baed851788f3e49ee_2_690x357.jpeg

Looks like the Argon’s are even more recessed that the GL2000 in the upper mids & treble but with a bass boost. So, maybe it has a less engaging low end (still looks fine to me) but more engaging mids and treble. I can see why some folks love it. Those that don’t love it don’t seem to hate it, but question it’s place in the market (not that it’s bad, but they think your $600 should get you more).

1 Like

I think that’s why I don’t like Metal571’s reviews much
He does a great job but doesn’t speak to me. Zeros much more so. I love BBGAR’s approach and only wish I valued the same tracks as he does. I know them well, but don’t really care that much about audio quality with classic rock. To me the pay off is with classical, and that’s just not his cup of tea. If I ever start doing audio reviews I’d be a classical oriented BBGAR.

8 Likes

Exactly this
your set should allow you to enjoy your library and don’t let anyone diss you your choice
yes we all learn and continue to but never forget it’s all about the music :fist:

11 Likes

Hey guys, can you bring the discussion about the reviewers to another thread, for example the Good audio reviewers and ones to stay far far away from? I think we start to deviates too much from the topic.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to Read Frequency Response Graphs & FR Graph Interpretations Discussion

So does anyone have a pair yet?

I received mine today from Amazon and it also came with those D shaped pads. These sound amazing to me with the D shaped pads versus the regular leather ones.

9 Likes

Ye gods. Now we have double vs singe sided magnets AND oval vs d-shaped pads to contend with!

7 Likes

Just got mine today. They were shipped out on Monday, expected on Friday. Dhl seems to be fast these days!

My path has been hd6xx to sundara to gl2000 double magnet. Using on Jotunheim 2 balanced connection. Haven’t had more than an hour with these, but immediately I noticed they sound really big. Bigger than the sundara easily, and you hear a lot of the background instruments and reverbs more easily. Not in an overpowering way, but in a nice layered way. Listening to Hozier take me to church is crazy at the end of the song hearing all the reverb, sounds like an actual church kinda haha go figure. I’m using the hybrid pads on it and they have the D shape like mentioned previously. The leather pads don’t have the D shape

12 Likes

UK is still part of Europe the continent

12 Likes

Mine just showed up a day early as well! They are beautiful, can’t wait to have some beer and dive into them tonight!

12 Likes

@Grendel_Xian received mine two weeks ago, these are the hybrid pads, Same shape as the leathers

5 Likes

My perforated pads are D shaped as well/ the stock ones look thicker and use memory foam rather than just foam on the hybrid
 are your hybrid pads memory?

Not traditional memory foam but there is some retention

I’m waiting on my pair. It’s supposed to be here Monday. Can someone confirm whether the connectors are 2.5mm or 3.5mm on the headphones?

I can’t confirm absolutely, but I’m sure there’re 3.5mm. I bought an aftermarket cable in anticipation.

Do i need to buy another cable to use this with my soundblaster G6?