šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

WOW this thread has introduced a lot of new members/first time postersā€¦Welcome to HFGF :smiley:ā€¦@F.KPunkt @Grendel_Xian @Peter_van_der_Ham @unknowndarkness @Commodore6ix4our @ResolveReviews @rSucc @Musicjohn @woobi32 @Sanity @Roger_Huston @VielenDank @conquerator2 @Pankar0 @Skogstokig @Moya @Wreckreation @Jasso @_Piotr @Jonas_Segura @SmestarZ @Ishanty @Mainframe @Blessed_Red @Evo_KnEvo @Walrus @Jack_Latester @coreyp @burnart @samwell @Crafty_Coin @PacificBuyer @sdwater

18 Likes

That @ResolveReviews is kinda suspicious, think Iā€™ve seen him somewhereā€¦

4 Likes

What is this declaration? Do I have to ask Linsoul for such a document?

I also wanna know.

Do you just write a note by hand saying its worth $99 ?
Or do I ask Linsoul for the declaration?

For me it was FedEx. And they sent me an e-mail with PDF. PDF has blank spaces to fill by hand. They also said something in the mail like:
Supplement the following information on the enclosed statement:

o Value of goods and shipping costs with correct currency. If the cost of transport is unknown, please enter ā€˜-ā€™ (hyphen). In this case, we will declare the cost of transport as indicated in our system.

o Detailed description of the goods (the so-called invoice translation) - Providing a detailed description of the full content of the shipment based on individual invoice items in order to properly calculate them. What is the trade name of the product, its use, what material it is made of, what device it is.

Additionally, please send the order confirmation and payment for the goods, e.g. in the form of a copy of the online transaction (if the goods have been purchased).

But I didnt give this to them - only declaration (PDF). And it was enough. I did it last time and with GL2000. No problems at all. Maybe different couriers have different requirements.

But if you give them name of the product, wonā€™t they check it?

I donā€™t know. I write the same as was in the FV. GL2000, wired headphones. Something like that. It may be that there are so many of these parcels that they do not check it that much. It may be that they will not be able to prove it, or it may be that the price is so low anyway that it would not be profitable for them to pursue it in the context of the law.

1 Like

I ordered my pair through Amazon.de (Germany) on Tuesday and paid the full listed purchase price. Shipping costs were listed as being 28 Euro.

Next morning I received an email from Linsoul stating that I need tp provide extra details for VAT and import tax. I calculated the amount by the percentages they supplied in the email. So I would have to pay another 172 Euro for import and customs duties. So I finished up cancelling my order.

Had another problem this month with a parcel from the UK. The DPD shipping track & trace notice says itā€™s held at customs ā€˜for other reasonsā€™. Phoning DPD they said that the sender may have possibly filled out a fraudulent amount for the value of the item, so customs may destroy my parcel. In any case, I am not entitled for a refund with the seller, as I too am responsible for the correct value mentioned on the documents.

So, to go short, itā€™s a very risky business. Either you get lucky and your parcel does not get checked at customs, or you get unlucky and have to pay approximately 40% extra more for your headphone, or you get really unlucky and customs destroys your parcel and you have a total loss of all money and no headphone.

Decided to buy myself a Focal Clear now, sold at a retailer in my own country (Netherlands)

1 Like

Import and QC lottery vā€™s a solid setā€¦No brainer decision :+1:

4 Likes

Just my 5 cents here about shipping across custom zones:
In last 2 weeks, ALL parcels shipped from US to Europe (few different countries) and UK (sorry, could not resist); are carefully checked by customs.
And it is at any declared value range, starting from 2 USD (for few marketing leaflets in this particular case).
Till December, maybe 5% of parcels had troubles with more careful investigation from customs.

So, I can bet it is very similar for parcels arriving from Asia to EU.

Interesting that Amazon.de price has been ā€œupgradedā€ by Linsoul; most of the time amazon.de says that all additional charges like VAT or duty are already included in listed priceā€¦ Maybe shipto being in the Netherlands had something to extra charges?

1 Like

Ok so resolve reviewed these and is less enthusiast. And now people start sort of trashing Z.

Seriously, If you buy a newly introduced HP based on only one guyā€™s review you have only one person to blame: you.

Buying based on a pure subjectivist reviewer and then complaining because a much more objectivist reviewer arrives at a different conclusion.

I donā€™t get that.

Z has his style and Resolve has another review style. They both have their merits. Z also mentioned in his review that he was really hyped and warned people about it.

Think Z is most probably honest in his reviews and not hyping to trigger more (affiliate) clicks. But yeah who knows for sure except him.

Resolve is now doing the Live introduction of the Focal Celeste with Focal. Canā€™t we now trust his Focal reviews anymore? Who knows, but I am also inclined to believe he is doing it all in good faith.

10 Likes

I have come to believe that there are 2 types of audiophiles. One enjoys the technical capabilities of equipment and the other uses the equipment to enjoy music.

If you listen to DMS or Metal571, etc, they rarely talk about music. More often they talk about measurements or the technically capabilities not the product they are reviewing.

Zeos and oddly enough BGGAR, always talk about music and how the device allowed them to enjoy it more or less. I think that is why Zeos has several thousands of dollars in headphones, but still uses KPH30iā€™s all the time. He isnā€™t as concerned with the technical aspects.

Iā€™m not saying one review style is better than the other, just that they differ in those ways. Both contain useful opinions/advice. Z likes the GL2000 because he really enjoys how music sounds on them. DMS and Resolve are more interested in the technical performance of the headphone, so they didnā€™t care for them.

It is up to you to decide which type of audiophile you identify more with to see which opinion you would find more accurate. This is all just my opinion though so, who knows? This has been my Ted Talk. Thank you.

22 Likes

Wow, this is actually very nice of them and really good to know theyā€™re willing to do this!

Graph kinda does look like the Argon Mk3 w/ Protein pads (the only config that I donā€™t hate on them).

Argon w/ Proteins:

GL2000:
https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/business6/uploads/headphones/optimized/3X/f/1/f1feb08c802211596a761a9baed851788f3e49ee_2_690x357.jpeg

Looks like the Argonā€™s are even more recessed that the GL2000 in the upper mids & treble but with a bass boost. So, maybe it has a less engaging low end (still looks fine to me) but more engaging mids and treble. I can see why some folks love it. Those that donā€™t love it donā€™t seem to hate it, but question itā€™s place in the market (not that itā€™s bad, but they think your $600 should get you more).

1 Like

I think thatā€™s why I donā€™t like Metal571ā€™s reviews muchā€¦He does a great job but doesnā€™t speak to me. Zeros much more so. I love BBGARā€™s approach and only wish I valued the same tracks as he does. I know them well, but donā€™t really care that much about audio quality with classic rock. To me the pay off is with classical, and thatā€™s just not his cup of tea. If I ever start doing audio reviews Iā€™d be a classical oriented BBGAR.

8 Likes

Exactly thisā€¦your set should allow you to enjoy your library and donā€™t let anyone diss you your choiceā€¦yes we all learn and continue to but never forget itā€™s all about the music :fist:

11 Likes

Hey guys, can you bring the discussion about the reviewers to another thread, for example the Good audio reviewers and ones to stay far far away from? I think we start to deviates too much from the topic.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to Read Frequency Response Graphs & FR Graph Interpretations Discussion

So does anyone have a pair yet?

I received mine today from Amazon and it also came with those D shaped pads. These sound amazing to me with the D shaped pads versus the regular leather ones.

9 Likes