šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Ye gods. Now we have double vs singe sided magnets AND oval vs d-shaped pads to contend with!

7 Likes

Just got mine today. They were shipped out on Monday, expected on Friday. Dhl seems to be fast these days!

My path has been hd6xx to sundara to gl2000 double magnet. Using on Jotunheim 2 balanced connection. Havenā€™t had more than an hour with these, but immediately I noticed they sound really big. Bigger than the sundara easily, and you hear a lot of the background instruments and reverbs more easily. Not in an overpowering way, but in a nice layered way. Listening to Hozier take me to church is crazy at the end of the song hearing all the reverb, sounds like an actual church kinda haha go figure. Iā€™m using the hybrid pads on it and they have the D shape like mentioned previously. The leather pads donā€™t have the D shape

12 Likes

UK is still part of Europe the continent

12 Likes

Mine just showed up a day early as well! They are beautiful, canā€™t wait to have some beer and dive into them tonight!

12 Likes

@Grendel_Xian received mine two weeks ago, these are the hybrid pads, Same shape as the leathers

5 Likes

My perforated pads are D shaped as well/ the stock ones look thicker and use memory foam rather than just foam on the hybridā€¦ are your hybrid pads memory?

Not traditional memory foam but there is some retention

Iā€™m waiting on my pair. Itā€™s supposed to be here Monday. Can someone confirm whether the connectors are 2.5mm or 3.5mm on the headphones?

I canā€™t confirm absolutely, but Iā€™m sure thereā€™re 3.5mm. I bought an aftermarket cable in anticipation.

Do i need to buy another cable to use this with my soundblaster G6?

I believe most people recieved a unit with a 4.4mm balanced termination, some people on Drop recieved an XLR termination. Oddly, people who ordered from TaoBao said they had the opportunity to choose a termination.

1 Like

So after trying these with my portable amp(ifi hip dac), apparently the cable is introducing static noise when itā€™s bent. Going to contact them and see what they say. I made sure to test the cable with my sundara, and vice versa, check that the sundara cable worked without static on the gl2000 to confirm the issue.

Edit: I didnā€™t hear the issue before because the issue presents itself as just a volume change on the Jotunheim 2 when I move the cable. If anyone has dual 3.5mm to 2.5mm balanced cable recs let me know, Iā€™m probably gonna get one on amazon like I did for my hd6xx.

1 Like

other than the cable, is the hip dac good with these? i ordered them and the hip dac hoping it can drive them well

Pretty sure theyā€™re 3.5mm as the cable I ordered from Hart for them came in yesterday, lol.

Mine arrive tomorrow and I can confirm whether or not that works.

So far Iā€™m using the SE out on the hip dac and Iā€™m happy with it. Pressing the bass boost on it with these is really impressive for electronic music. Itā€™s pretty badass tbh, the dynamics, combined with the big sound, and that bass boost is really fun. If youā€™re into hard hitting electronic music and want to murder your ears in the best way, Iā€™d recommend listening to Kayzo - Braincase. Highs are slightly tiring with the gl2000 and the hip dac it but itā€™s totally tolerable IMO. The sound stage depth/width, and instrument separation definitely improves with the Jot2, but the hip dac still retains a pretty big sound.

3 Likes

Faaawkā€¦ the low end is stupid, Iā€™m on a idsd signature on turbo a half volume and itā€™s moving air! Listen to some old school rap and itā€™s justā€¦ perfect. I donā€™t even listen to rap but a canā€™t stop with these. :laughing:

9 Likes

@dominic_green is a hype man! Getting excited.

1 Like

Oomph ooompf, itā€™s some serious pressurization

4 Likes