šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

ok Really thick. How do I move to PM?

i did the mod - removed one of the thicker dust cover paper , removed the paper glued near the driver, i used sorbothane sheet with adhesive instead of felt to line up the cups and i blu tacked the gaps .
its so much better now , im not sensitive to treble and if u are u can put a tuning foam over the driver see how that works . the bass is there . overall im happy coz i bought these for $410 .

1 Like

Crazy how much bass you get after making the driver and housing basically one piece, isnā€™t it?

yes , it sounds so different . i did some mods on my hifiman he6 and 560 so im not afraid to try it .

I donā€™t think youā€™ll gain anything from the fuzzor mod. Itā€™s basically to stop the metal driver shell from carrying the driver resonance ring. Being that the gl2k driver is housed by plastic, itā€™s already softening the ringing. Iā€™ve heard people say itā€™s to stop sound from bouncing around between the driver and the grill but it just isnā€™t the case.

Iā€™ve done both the mod (removal of tuning paper and felt around the driver) and I absolutely love it! I was unimpressed when I first received and listened to them stock, was even contemplating if I want to sell them. Now they sound like a different (in a good way) pair of headphones that sounds some what similar to GL2000! Vocal sounds more full and bass more impact!

By the way I attempted to use one continuous piece of felt lining the case of the but it was way too tight for the driver to fit back into the case. Thus I did it the way you did with multiple short pieces.

Thanks for experimenting and sharing your results with us!

2 Likes

did you ever measure the GL2000 after the mods? iā€™m curious to see what the FR compared to the stock leather/hybrid pads

I wish I had the equipment to do measurements. At this point Iā€™d have graphed 90% of headphones if I did lol. If anyone sees this and wants to graph them Iā€™d be happy to ship them out for measurements. Im not gonna make any crazy claims but I do really love them after the mods. Would love to see how they graph and of love to see the waterfall graphs as well.

It seems like mod + stock perf pads + auto eq from crins graph is a good match. They sound pretty nice with that eq, fuller bass and more realistic vocals. There is def something a bit off without eq in midrange

lol maybe drop can make a GL2xxx or something that fixes the problem with these.

1 Like

They just need to raise bass by 6 db and they would fix it

:thinking: considering how much adjustments you need to do I am pretty sure a large bass bump isnā€™t going to fix thisā€¦ You can do that now and it still doesnā€™t resolve it.

Idk I am pretty happy with it rn.

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking to replace/improve on the pads that come with the GL2Ks. Can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance.

iā€™ve been using the 120mm aliexpress leathers and theyā€™re pretty good. super comfy and they sound good as well.

Any chance of a link? There appear to be hundreds of pads.

Thank you very much. Ordered and on their way.

Idk about comfy, stock ones are more comfy to me. Those 120mm are kinda oversized

Soā€¦ months and months after the original hype, was the polarizing factor with the GL2000 a bad batch or was Zeosā€™ review really way off (itā€™s still crazy how wildly different DMSā€™ and Zeosā€™ impressions are)

If the newer batches are legit, I might just grab a set

1 Like