šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Thanks for the recommendations, Mason_Mena, Roger_Huston. Iā€™ll do more research.

11 year old for scaleā€¦ā€Hey dad what are those?ā€

21 Likes

why does the headphone wear a kid tho?

9 Likes

Coool,Daddys Toys,typical :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ll be ordering this the A50 and D50 on Tuesday.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m leaning towards

Thanks! Andrew has not the best opinion on it, he says the Ananda is betterā€¦

considering the signatureā€¦ I will have to sit this against the Arya and Anandaā€¦ I absolutely loved my Ananda when I had them still working, now that they are broke I would be okay with this as a potential replacement if it sounds good enoughā€¦ Guess I will find out for myself whenever they come in.

The tl;dr I got from his comments was it has Sundara like details (not a bad thing) with some of the extra detail / instrument separation / sound stage of the Arya. And yeah, he doesnā€™t like the FR / tune. Itā€™s weird that he likes the leather pads more when everyone else likes the hybrids. Personally, I cancelled my Drop order and ordered an open box Arya from Hifiman. Iā€™ll keep an eye on reviews as they come out, might pick up a used GL2000 once things calm down in 6 months or so.

1 Like

Oh dear, I am really trying to avoid this hype train, ever since Iā€™ve heard Zeosā€™ review my interest has been more than piqued!

There might be only thing that might save me from financial ruin and a major domestic dispute. My only means to be able to use headphones is via my Astell & Kern Kann Alpha DAP. Therefore, the defining factor and $600 question to determine whether the hype train will arrive at my station is whether my DAP be able to drive the GL2000s? :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi
A50S and D50S stack.
The A50S corrected the output impedance of the A50. Also the 4.4 balanced output puts out huge power. I owned the A50 and picked up the A50s once it was released.

1 Like

So hi-fi headphones cannot be repaired after the warranty period, if you pay for it of course? Thatā€™s at least what Linsoul messaged me about the GL2000, which is weirdā€¦ because you knowā€¦ you throw a pile of money at them and, after the warranty period, even if a stupid wire needs to be fixed - you canā€™t? Such a wasteā€¦

Is 4.4 big in Asia or something? Seems like an odd choice to me that they terminated it that way instead of 1/4 or XLR.

Iā€™ve noticed a lot of the Chinese stuff is including 4.4.

What? Never said it couldnā€™t be repaired post warrantyā€¦ they just charge you for it. Not sure on Linsouls out of warranty policiesā€¦ I just know they charge big money for any form of restock fees and shipping back to china plus those customs isnā€™t cheap eitherā€¦ if its out of warranty you will have to cover the repair cost plus the shipping and custom fees. Arya and Ananda are Hifiman and they will fix it for a fee, I would fix the ananda but I am just sick of hifiman at this point

Some companies think they are realy clever when they make solutions in search of problems.

Pentacon makes some sense for headphones and DAPs, for everything else, TRS (balanced or stereo) and XLR cover everything.

Some more impressions:

Oh, I thought thatā€™s what you meant by ā€œreplacementā€, sorry.

1 Like

Thanks. Will do. I wasnā€™t even paying attention that there is a difference. That is what Iā€™ll go with.

Iā€™m an idiot. I meant A90 and D90.

In general, not specific. People were talking 90s not 30s, but thank you for your exacting standards. As a new person I can see Iā€™m not welcome here if people are going to be like this. Appolgies for posting.