šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

no big, I appreciate you posting that been looking all over for a measurement chart for this oneā€¦ Surprised to see that mids spike thoughā€¦ thatā€™s definitely something I havenā€™t seen in many FR measurements. So mids and treble have some emphasis. I think if I can get the bass to just sit around the neutral with some good impact, and hopefully that planar slam, then I could be happy with that kind of tuning for sureā€¦ especially if it images incredibly well and the soundstage has some good depth to itā€¦ I am a big fan of that cinema like soundstage

@hawaiibadboy I should askā€¦ which pads are those measurements taken with by chance?

Done with Leather/leatherette pads

3 Likes

if it wouldnā€™t be too much of a bother, you think you could swing a frequency chart for the hybrids as well?

Which hybrids?

Sorryā€¦you mean padsā€¦LOL

1 Like

yeah, the other pads that come with it haha, probably should have mentioned that.

8 Likes

The hybrids seem to provide a better balance in the lower treble which is very welcome. These GLs continue to be intriguing. Also good to see more impressions coming in!

1 Like

I was really struggling to decide between this, and the Aeon RT, but know i pulled the trigger on this. Also the ETA on Amazon.de went down a bit, to 16. Feb. - 9. MƤr.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing this is a compensated graph using the Harman target for reference? Harman with flat bass?

Seems to be a bit bright with a little bit of upper-mid forwardness, if Iā€™m seeing things right. Looks pretty good to me.

1 Like

Thanks, I bought it.

Thanks for that. Even more pumped now ! Any minimum power recommendations yet ? 1st set of planars and 1st set of open-backs. Donā€™t own any headphone amps. Only a Denon AVR-X4400H Home Theater Receiver. Iā€™m torn between portable and something like a Schitt Stack. If most of the portable stuff, with the exception of the $600+ variants, leave too much on the table power wise, then a desktop it is. Preferably all in one. Going to sit on a nightstand. Thanks.

Do you have a graph of your Aryas on your rig for comparison?

1 Like

Having owned the Aeon RTs for a little while I would say you made a good choice. Although, I donā€™t have a GL2000 to compare them to. As far as sound goes, the Aeon RT open, I canā€™t speak for the closed version, had a very intimate sound where everything sounded as if it was directly next to you, in all directions, no matter where the sound originated. Definitely slightly ā€œV-shapedā€ which made them fun, had a good amount of detail, and were great at imaging. Most of my listening is done through the Ether CX as a reference. Overall, I think the only thing the Aeon RT has over the Gold Planar GL2000 is the build and maybe the comfort. It goes without saying that if youā€™re buying a Mr.Speakers headphone itā€™s going to be built well.

Just got another note from Linsoul directly from their Amazon store page (just to make sure the first email I got from them was accurate). Looks like Iā€™m pulling the trigger boys! 20% restocking with free shipping on return isnā€™t too bad of a risk.

They state:

-Please keep everything original in the package, including the accessaries. We will issue refund once receive and test the returned product.
-Please note restocking fee (20%) may apply based on returned product condition. We will inspect each product and contact you if necessary.
-Please return the product with a suitable express to the US address concerning it is overweight and oversize.
-Please email the shipping receipt to us so we can reimburse shipping fee for you.

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty interested in these headphones, Iā€™m especially interested in which amp makes these things really shine. I want to upgrade from my little Atom.

Look into the a50s. Apparently the balanced out is pretty powerful. That or the A90 is what Iā€™ve been deciding between.

Zeos really like the Dethonray Honey as it added at taste of Class A warmth. The A50s or anything linear will sound good. There was also the ifi with the xBass and 3D sound that he liked as well. I personally just ordered the Honey as I like a warmer less analitic sound that I find common to most planars. Of course, you canā€™t go wrong with the Topping.

EHā€¦?

3 Likes

They are discussing both versions (double and single sided) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS1bhzRe-Kk

2 Likes