šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

bottle of Facundo XA aged for over 20 years

A focal Clear finally in my collection

Violectric 220

and now this thingā€¦ staking my bottle on thisā€¦ will never trust zeosā€™s opinion or bad guyā€™s again if this turns out bad lol Donā€™t ruin a mans rum night. Still, a new fun planar is a welcome addition if itā€™s good. I love planars

1 Like

This being my first planar I can without a doubt say that holy crap is this a crazy sound. I think youā€™re in for a treat just chill out have a couple drinks and let this thing wrap around you in thick warm goodness lol. Hope you donā€™t have to wait too long

1 Like

yeah no worries, Usually when those two give a good review on something itā€™s not badā€¦ they can gloss over some details but they arenā€™t bad reviewers. Hoping for good resultsā€¦

we will see, it just depends on dropā€¦ they can take ages or ship it the very next day. Hell when I ordered 177x GO it took I think it was 3 days and it was on my doorstep suddenlyā€¦ aeons took like 2 and a half weeks. Hoping it donā€™t take all too long to get them

1 Like

Have you tried the hybrid pads yet? I couldnā€™t believe how significantly they opened them up.

I think you might be better off getting it straight from Linsoul or Amazon rather than Drop. If you buy from Drop, youā€™re not going to be able to return it supposedly. Better a restocking fee than to not be able to return it at all

I want to inform you that the restock fee on this thing is 35% of the total cost of the item, then you have to add return shipping fees back to china, then you also have to pay the customs fees. Less your okay with throwing away $300+ it is much better to just sell it off. Amazon has itā€™s seller guarantee policy but its 3rd party stillā€¦ its still linsouls policy through amazon

Iā€™m seeing also that Linsoul has stopped offering the single magnet version, wow. I do wish though that the double looked like the single with that dark gray man that wouldā€™ve been great

This guy, first planar and already being picky on the aestheticsā€¦ lmfao. nah, I agree with youā€¦ the single magnet I think looks a bit nicer

1 Like

Lol I know right, well some have said they look kind of cheap which I do see being that light colored aluminum where the dark gray just looks really good in my opinion. Iā€™m kind of a nerd on aesthetics still love the 1990s because of how they look to be honest but not sure I would like them now

I mean, if your that into a planarā€¦ go grab the Aeons then. Gorgeous aesthetic, build tough, super comfort pads, harman tuning, barrel connector cabling. Might be a good compliment towards this one

1 Like

Do you have the closed or open

I have tried closed cause I was thinking of getting the 2nd for portabilityā€¦ but I own the open ones.

Right on no Iā€™m down to try a bunch of planars now Iā€™ve just read so much on here about Hi fi Man with QC and whatever and if Chris is saying these are better than Arya Iā€™m not sure where to go from here

I think I have a pretty Good stable of dynamics for now

saying one headphone is better than another i find a bit complicatedā€¦ as to be really compared they should be of the same signature, though from what I have heard you mentionā€¦ these are not of the same tuning to the aryaā€¦ aryas are a bright planar and noticeably so as they are rather similar in tonality to the hd800s but ya knowā€¦ a planar. I can go sit with the arya whenever, so I do plan to do that later just for the hell of it. I was considering buying the Arya at a later point after the clears(granted I may own the clearsā€¦ but my lady loved the clears when we tried themā€¦ got a feeling shes gonna steal them from me lol).

if you want to try planarsā€¦ audeze for warm or dark and rich, hifiman for bright, Dan Clark Aeon for V and Harman I believe the other was ether and is the more neutral approach , Gold planar no friggin idea sounding warm but dunno, monoprice is more of a warmer tuning but I like audeze over them.

I own the LCD-2C, Anandas(which just broke so even more reason to go to Arya soon lol), GL2000 now whenever it comes in, and Aeons have been my baby for a while and one of my absolute favorites

3 Likes

Does anyone have a link to either a good 4.4mm to 6.35mm adapter or a dual 3.5mm to 6.5mm cable for the GL2000s?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0828LSX54/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AKLBZV1QTRBAN&psc=1

This should work.

8 Likes

and with that, now I see exactly why the comparison to the Arya was made. Thisā€¦ just got a hell of a lot more interesting for me, looking forward to when that comes in. That definitely needs a bass bump. Liquid plat it is! might try the IFI bass bump button as well for the hell of it see what happens

Sorry I could not do sooner but in before Drop closes. Sub bass on my mini ipad is off -3db so tiny roll but rig is adding a touch

1 Like