šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Short 2min review

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=309240573849206&_rdr

2 Likes

The post I was responding to was about the GL2000 for use with Topping A50 / 90. Contextually, my post had more to do with corroborating Zeos view of using a linear stack vs a Class A like the Honey for example and how the GL2000 might benefit from something different than a pure linear approach. Hense my comment that you canā€™t go wrong with Topping meaning in a linear direction. Yet, it was this comment that @MazeFrame pulled out of context from my post to jump down my throat about how a lower end version of an Amp that we werenā€™t even talking directly.

This was my first day on the forum and this was my very first post and I get someone taking a phrase out of context to prove a point I wasnā€™t even trying to make. If this forum is just full of trolls looking to snipe posts for their own pleasure, I want no part of that. I came here hoping to learn something, not be attacked at every turn. I came back here to disable notifications, but I read your post and it was considerate so perhaps I will give it 2nd chance.

1 Like

easy chief, I am sure he meant no ill intent with itā€¦ hes more than likely just upset about it as much as other people when it comes to topping right now and wanted to raise the point about it. This forum has a lot of wonderful and very knowledgable people, not trolls which are weeded out rather quickly. Try not to be too sensitive when it comes to the forum eitherā€¦ some people do make some snarky remarks from time to time. Sucks that was your first interaction here thoughā€¦ hopefully from now on you will get much more positivity yeah?

On a Side note, wondering when I will get confirmation of shipment on this headphone :thinking: I got a few amps Iā€™d like to try it on ā€¦ most specifically the Liquid Platinum and I really want to see if I will like this headphone. The mention of the A90 has me curious how that would perform as well, since I have that in house as well

5 Likes

The GL2000s wonā€™t be effected by a modmic?

oh the magnet, yeah not sure on that lol

Because of the magnets. Just wondering since the membrane of magnets is on the outer side as well right?

What did you think I was referring to? The mic part itself? lol

Another impression I stumbled upon at drop. https://drop.com/buy/gold-planar-gl2000-planar-magnetic-open-back-headphones/talk/2763601?utm_source=linkshare&referer=HZXXUX

1 Like

Heā€™s spot on about Yosi, itā€™s great. Iā€™m nowhere near even 12 hours burn in but Iā€™m excited to see improvements. This does respond well to EQ, especially in the bass when needed or wanted.

2 Likes

The bass and my very scared wallet is whats keeping me from hitting the buy button. Maybe iā€™ll play with EQ after allā€¦

1 Like

Bass is enough donā€™t get me wrong but on heavy electronic I push it up 2-3db at 110, shelf eq, and itā€™s just this punchy wide macro sound that keeps getting better. Imaging is incredible.

1 Like

So from my four amps Iā€™ve come to the conclusion this is not a bright headphone. It sounds rolled off so something like Topping might bring the treble out more if thatā€™s toppings nature.

2 Likes

How open do they sound? Really open like a 58X/6XX or somewhat closed off sounding? (in terms of being an open back headphone)

With stock leather pads they feel closed in but switching to the hybrids really opens them up. I have a 600 and 6xx, this sounds way wider. My clears seem more resolving but I can play these louder with less fatigue and more slam, plus the comfort is way more plush IMO

2 Likes

I meant to say howā€™s the passive noise cancellation really. I shouldā€™ve worded that better.

Oh with this, iā€™ll be putting in an order. Again. I canceled the first time. Sounds too good. Hopefully the first and last headphone purchase of this year. Maybeā€¦

Oh they are open, Clears feel more open though if that helps

We all say that lol, no I love this especially for bass music but itā€™s no slouch on other genres. Large scale loud to small stuff I have no complaints. Dead mouse kicks sound huge

3 Likes

ā€œAs long as you are NOT a bass head, or a heavy listener of hardcore rap with repetitive and boring over accentuated sub bass beats talking about money and nice ladies.ā€

dang now i gotta cancel :expressionless:

2 Likes

Imo the gl2000 is overhyped. The weird compression sound they have going on makes all the nice bass become weak and the quite and subtle overtones become way to loud. Like itā€™s good to here all the detail, but when theyā€™re at almost the same volume as the main sound, they become over powering, and since their isnā€™t any weighted low end to counter it, it all sounds like itā€™s all mush together in a tiny plane with no sense of space or dynamic rangeā€¦ I listen to orchestral, prog rock, some edm and a lot of weeb shit, and nothing stood out to me as overly impressive. Imo the m1570 is better then the gl2000.