šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

weird compression? you do have this on a good amp right? That sounds a bit concerning.

DMS said it sounded like a compressed sound signature when Zeos was describing it to him :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

hmm, interestingā€¦ :man_shrugging: guess I will try it and find that out

Yup that did it for me, I closed my order as well. I donā€™t listen to the kind of music he mentioned but I am a lover of beefy low end and it just doesnā€™t look like these are going to deliver.

im not understanding this

1 Like

im not really understanding this compression issue, this is my first planar so i can only assess against dynamic drivers. The bass doesnā€™t seem inadequate to me and im not even on a top tier amp.

As we can see the opinions about this headphone are either very good or very bad, the polar opposites to each other. Itā€™s another topic, but this situation shows the core problem about the so called headphone reviews, they are highly subjective, and you canā€™t trust them a bitā€¦ This is the perfect example for that.

The Amazon de thing: i emailed Linsoul with that VAT problems, tl:dr: they can send the headphone to GERMAN, ITALY, SPAIN AND New Zealand without any additional VAT, for the price you see on the amazon page, but if you want it to be shipped outside those countries, the local customs will handle it, and charge you the full VAT and taxes.
My parents live in Germany, so i can get it shipped to there (and they send or bring it to me), to do that, i had to cancel my order, and place a new one. But now iā€™m not so sure if i want this or notā€¦

1 Like

I tend to trust the majority of reviews though, so far Iā€™ve heard like only 2-3 slightly bad remarks about the GL2000, but no one even said itā€™s not a very good headphone for the price, soā€¦ even if it is not the biggest hype of the millennium, at least Iā€™m sure it has to be good af.

3 Likes

On several re listens to the sound demo on z reviews, I figured out why I donā€™t like them. The detail in everything is VERY exaggerated, bringing everything up to the same level, but in doing that it loses the sense of overtones and undertones, making things seem mono, and lacking in dynamic range, as well as it being on the bass light side of things which dosent help much. The bass is fine, but everything else being shoved in your face makes it seem like thereā€™s less bass then there actually is.

1 Like

I havenā€™t had a lot of time with mine yet and def not close to recā€™d burn in, but Iā€™m going to go through his playlist on my streaming service. I really enjoy the bass and soundstage on these, like Iā€™ve said before Electronic music is so fun on them, this may be a genre specific headphone but Iā€™m ok with that since I have a collection and Iā€™m sure most of us do. also might be really amp dependent as well

Andrew (Resolve - The Headphone Show) said exactly that in the podcast that was linked here.

Yeah, just 1. Nobody knows why his impression is the opposite. Is it amp issue, is it defective item or heā€™s being too picky, I really donā€™t know, and he still hasnā€™t reviewed them yet anyway, soā€¦ But you could be right though, really donā€™t know what to say, I just hope theyā€™re that good, so far I saw like 95% positive reviews.

Isnā€™t that the same thing?

@ MrSushi Iā€™m not sure listening to a sound demo is a great way to measure. But as of headphones itā€™s always a personal preference you like it or you donā€™t. So there will always be 2 sides.

1 Like

Very true. I compared the sound demo of the gl2000 to the sound demo of the 1570 as they are both similar priced planars and since they are both on the same recording rig I wonā€™t be taking in the rigā€™s limitation. I liked the m1570 better because it was much my bassy and sounded more ā€œfullā€, but I can definitely tell that the detail of the gl2000 isnā€™t as present on the m1570

Exactly that, a sound demo is probably an even more ambiguous way to assess a headphones true sonic nature than a frequency graph tbh.

8 Likes

Anyone have any input regarding how these compare to the old HiFiMan HE-500? Similar? Different? Upgrade? Downgrade? TIA

1 Like

Some people actually have the headphones and others to compare them to :joy:

Most polarizing headphone 2021 lol

4 Likes

Reviews, sound demos,.forum postsā€¦ They are all just tools to help people make decisions. When it comes down to it though, I say leave the final judgement to your own ears.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true, however a lot of people canā€™t listen to headphones before buying them. They have to rely on others.

2 Likes