šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

you giving out recommendations about a product you said was peddled by a scam artist that you also bought is one of the most hilarious things ive ever seen .

1 Like

I dont know what kind of mental breakdow did you have a few hours ago, but my experience with this forum (and I believe experience of others too) is really fkin greatā€¦
There are people like @Rikudou_Goku @Falenkor @Ohmboy @hawaiibadboy that really care about the community. Their opinions may differ, maybe even contradictā€¦
ā€¦But thats the point of a forum, people can share opinions and help other people based on their experience

Also coming to a forum and proclaiming yourself as a ā€œPROā€(especially in this hobby)
ā€¦idk man, seems kinda egoisticā€¦

13 Likes

If you dislike Zā€™s review, why not just avoid it? And perhaps avoid this very forum too? The rest of are happy to find all the information available here. Letā€™s not spam and make it difficult for the rest of us.

Weā€™re all here cause of our common love for music and audio. Lets all just enjoy what we all like :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. it is appreciated.
I dig the vibe this place has. :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Just looking at your last video, where are you basically talking about this ā€œbad behaviorā€ on forums
It s all coming togetherā€¦
XD

1 Like

Looking for advice on a portable amp to drive the GL2000. Will either the FiiO Q3 or Ifi Hip suffice?

So how does a Chinese firm come out of nowhere and overturn the headphone market like this? At an industry level I find this fascinating.

Thereā€™s no difference unless you get a really shitty adapter.

Chi-fi crap like everything else?
There are other options for this money.

I am of the opinion not to knock it till you actually sit down and try it for yourself for a few weeksā€¦ just because itā€™s chi-fi doesnā€™t mean itā€™s bad really considering hifiman over there is chifi and headphones like Sundara and Arya are absolutely fantastic.

Isnā€™t there always?

anyone hear anything from DROP on shipping? Really am starting to think they plan to delay this out till April which is just ridiculous

1 Like

The Linsoul product page says the recommended power for these is at least 2W but these are not hard to drive. I think youā€™d be fine.

Didnā€™t he retire almost three years ago??

From what Iā€™ve heard and from my own experience, using a lower power amp youā€™ll get 90% out of the headphone. If you want the 100% out of them you use a high output amp. I had the shp9500 and ran them on my pc for a while then upgrade to a Schiit modi and heresyā€¦ the difference isnā€™t like oh yeah I hear it right away itā€™s like sit down listen to it for a while and then go back. Youā€™ll be like ohhh thatā€™s what I was missing. I had the Aeon flows and those took more advantage of the higher output, itā€™s very headphone dependent, each one is different. Iā€™ll post what I think once I get my headphones on Friday

3 Likes

You would be surprised how many expensive headphones run off dirt cheap ampsā€¦

2 Likes

If people still enjoy them. Thatā€™s also not to say there isnā€™t good gear on the cheaper side

2 Likes

Why would you purchase $600 equipment without knowing what youā€™re purchasing? Every headphone doesnā€™t come with 3 different cables to suit every AMP. Youā€™re being a cock just to be a cock. You didnā€™t do your own due diligence to find out what a pentacon cable is. You must be a poor excuse of a troll. I just hope people in the world arenā€™t this oblivious.

10 Likes

Lurker here who has felt compelled to sign up to reply. This whole thread has nothing but supportive and discussions have been healthy despite varying opinions. Take your sh*t elsewhere please.

14 Likes

Someone can correct me if Iā€™m wrong but I believe they have been at it for a long time, but as makers of planar driver tech rather than headphones. The company is old but the headphone division is new.

2 Likes

These feel effortless.

Never owned the aryaā€™s or other headphones these are compared with by reviewers so this is based on all the headphones I own and these sound effortless compared to them.
Maybe itā€™s because of the soundstage sounding so big? D pads on the cups for initial impression.

Plugged them into the asgard 3 high gain at 10 oā€™clock in a quiet room and itā€™s a loud listening volume (ymmv) as reference.

Wide and big sounding! From initial Impressions, these are hitting the spot. Different from everything in my collection so it fills a space for me. These I would classify as the big headphones that I can reach for when I donā€™t want to feel claustrophobic if that makes sense. It does everything in a way that Iā€™m not thinking Iā€™m missing something like I sometimes feel with other headphones. It could have better slam but thatā€™s a preference and itā€™s good as it is.

I like hip hop and these will perform unless you like to be dominated by bass. So far everything just sound so satisfying in its presentation compared to my other headphones. The bass is good unless you want bass cannons, the mids are present but could be sweeter sounding but that might take away from the defined sounding edge that vocals have which I assume could help with separation? Mids are present and slightly more forward sounding because of that imo. No sibilance from the highs that I can detect (ymmv). ( Zeos voice usually hurts my ears from sibilance I think? These headphones donā€™t give me that effect.)

I put these on right after waking up in the morning to a package at the door. No worries so far with build quality from my set but time will tell and so far these are very comfortable but hefty. Iā€™m using the affordable neomusicia dual 3.5mm plugs for the he 400i/he4xx etc etc on these since I donā€™t have an amp with pentaconn. Works great.

Edit*** I think these can make mediocre youtube music video uploads sound better in comparison to my other headphones.

8 Likes

I really wish the D pads were memory foam. Its what stops me from using them. Gotta go with stock until Dekoni or someone else makes pads for these.

3 Likes