šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

Lol yeah I saw that oneā€¦ That ā€œreviewerā€ went right onto my ā€œdo not watchā€ list. Donā€™t know what he was thinking.

Wait I thought you guys were kiddingā€¦ he seriously reviewed something without trying it? Lol wtf

It looks like he retconned it by putting " [Non Review!!!] " in the title. Kind of wish I had known about it before sending the link. https://youtu.be/-oV7yAp6ZWM

Lol not going to do damage control when you talk about a product you never tried. Thatā€™s instant ignore for me personally.

Any more community input on the serial number range DMS mentioned on Twitter as far as production differences? I really like my set that I ordered from Linsoul in early January. Serial number begins with GLNO.

1 Like

Any idea whatā€™s the serial number that DMS reviewed on?

I dont believe heā€™s said

I use the Brainwavz Gel Pads and hardware EQ on 60Hz with the tuning papers removed. I could see it being overbearing with stock pads.

It actually sounds like older Hifiman sets to me with the boosted treble, which I normally dislike, but the vocals are fixed. I could see an EQ cut helping round it out while retaining the clearer vocals and cymbals.

Just got a set.

First impression is pretty positive.

Iā€™ll weigh in once Iā€™ve spent some time with them.

1 Like

I can say the same as above. I am using the same shitty nobsound tube amp that @pokrog suggested into a 789 and it seems with initial impressions to be a big step up from a hifiman he-560 v2 and comfort is a huge step up.

1 Like

Shipping notification from drop today. Will be selling brand new if someones interested. Drop price conus onlyā€¦ really only looking to refund what I spent

1 Like

So after a few hours of listening, almost exclusively on a 789 fed by this tube amp with bass and treble knobs, and then finally listening without the tube amp, all I can say is WOW. There is a night and day difference. I can totally see how people donā€™t love them on female vocals and the BASS, like the bass is just gone and the amp totally seems to fix all the nasally sound, the eq on that tube amp makes such a dang difference, canā€™t speak for how exactly the tubes are affecting things though since this is my first experience using tubes. At ~45$ that amp sure seems worth it for me at the moment. FYI: all of this is with the leather pads so far.

3 Likes

I use the Bellari EQ570. Yes, the GL2000 responds extremely well to EQ.

I still havenā€™t had a ton of time with them, but Iā€™m listening with my CTH, and I definitely donā€™t hear anything that people were complaining about. They sound pretty great to me. Not super high levels of detail retrieval, but to me the tonality is pretty spot on, and separation seems pretty good too.

1 Like

The more I have listened to them the more I grew accustomed to themā€¦ I do still think the mids are the weak spot on it though. The bass still feels present enough after I grew used to the big soundstage.

I donā€™t agree with the current price tag but, if I am being quite honest here if I could snag these for likeā€¦ $500 even I think they could replace my Aeons

I got mine directly from the manufacturer, Gold Planar on taobao.com at less than usd500 including shipping.

Hereā€™s the actual product link: https://m.tb.cn/h.4NMUIHf?sm=9c569c. They provide international shipping too.

That quite honestly makes me quite upset about this headphone.

Looks likeā€¦ around $532 on taobao

Iā€™ve been watching the used market. Seeing quite a few for around $400. I traded a RNHP for mine.

Idc if they sale for 200 on the used market, I still enjoy mine and will be keeping them por vida.

Itā€™s a very unique HP and the soundstage is untouchable with EQ and mods.

1 Like