šŸ”¶ GoldPlanar GL2000

I thought everyone knew that it went for around that price on taobao, but taobao is just a hurdle for most non Chinese individuals.

I tend to steer clear of sites like that in all honesty

Going to be putting my pair up for sale boys comes with the oval pads not the D pads and that NewFantasia XLR cable, Iā€™ll be posting in the buy sell thread shortly.

Mine should be in soonā€¦ so that will be going up for looks like $549 as drop wonā€™t take them backā€¦ irritating as hell but whateverā€¦ I am absolutely positive I can sell these off

1 Like

I got my T60RP Argon a few days ago and I just wanted to quickly compare: they have slightly better detail retrieval and better imaging than the GL2000. The low end punch is tight and controlled on both, sound stage is equally wide. GL2000 is much heavier which makes it less comfortable. Both take EQ-ing very well, although GL2000 needed lots of FR fixing, while on the Argons I just tamed one treble peak that only sometimes bothers me. What I like the most about GL2000 (other than the big soundstage) is that the treble is very relaxing and never harsh! Not that the Argons are ever harsh, just not very relaxed.
My first impressions so far are that Argons are $100 cheaper and pretty much better in almost every aspect.

6 Likes

The more I listen to these, the more I like them. Iā€™m finding they have great separation, stage, and micro details. Definitely a more laid back presentation in my opinion, especially when comparing to the Elex (which had tons of punch and macro dynamics).

1 Like

I disagreeā€¦ I would say the mids are the best part of GL2000. It just makes pleasing and non fatiguing sounds that I really enjoy. This is more of a fun headphone and I enjoy it very much.

2 Likes

I would agree as well,with the headphone as a whole,not compared to anything. and i felt the treble was lagging behind the mids and bass as far as my own enjoyment.

Everytime I finish reading through this thread, I always leave thinking, ā€˜yeah, might sell my pair too. I mean are they really worth it?ā€™

Then I put them on again to make sure and I end up changing up and thinking, ā€˜ehhh Iā€™ll keep them around a little longer, they are pretty nice. I like these.ā€™

Either way, waiting for the next champ to step in the ring to challenge these in terms of how big they sound and soundstage at around this price range.

3 Likes

best thing you can do is being true to yourself and not let what others think taint your own impressions on your gear. You can fully accept the flaws of a piece of gear and still enjoy the fuck out of it itā€™s completely a possible. Iā€™ve been doing that for years with my 990. a more widely accepted ā€œbadā€ pair of headphones I dont see why people couldnā€™t do that with other headphones as well.

3 Likes

Trust me im not selling my pair because i want to, i love these things for certain genres, Taxes got me this year with unemployment and my elections, and i agree, if you like it donā€™t worry about others. I love my grados, another polarizer

2 Likes

Honestly, Iā€™ve been thinking of selling for those Grado hemps. Iā€™d need to justify the purchase by selling these but Iā€™ll hold off.

1 Like

I love my Hemps man I was pleasantly surprised those are one pair I would never sell, not to make that any harder on ya lol

2 Likes

Get the Hemps.
giphy

5 Likes

i would imagine the hemps to be a polar opposite sound to a large planar. i could be wrong though and they are getting crazy hype so im sure they are good! not to beat a dead horse but i highly recommend trying the he6se if you can find on adorama for 699 or whatever. return them if you dont like them, they will blow your mind if you have the power. pure magic with my Jotunheim 2 amp and tube pre amp. but im addicted to planars now so maybe hemp is more your style.

1 Like

Hi guys, i m reading through this tread now for some days but i still dont have a clue.

I m looking for something new, just becouse who dont want something new from time to time :sweat_smile:
After I Watched Zā€™s review, I thought to myself these would be a good fit in my collection.
As amp i use an Audio-GD R2R 11 and XDuoo XD05 Plus and my other headphones are 99 Classic, 400i and 880 with 250 Ohm

So, should i get a pair, because opinions on this hf are so wide spread that I got a little confused

giphy

If so, yes, you should.
The soundstage is untouchable.

At the very least, they are a very unique HP. with great mids.

At best, they are portals to other dimensions that will cause slight depression when you return to Earth.

In my humble opinion, it is always best to try things for yourself instead of listening to others, no matter how educated or respected that person is because let me tell you, all those ā€œJust Say Noā€ and ā€œThis is your brain on drugsā€ commercials from the 80s were all lying and if I would have listened to those commercials back then, I would have missed out on some of the best memories of my life.

e3612f47a98270124ac68f33c5916172

7 Likes

If you have to, buy a (slightly) used pair.

I personally would not.

4 Likes

There seem to be quite a few of these popping up for sale on the used market, so that would be the best route imo.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answers guys, I will take a look on the used market too.

Best description of a headphone i saw in quite some time.
Btw does anyone of you know a trustworthy second hand market page in Europe?

1 Like