Goober's Journey Into the IEM Game or "Why Are You Not As Good As....?"

I should clarify: when I say that I mean people that only post/review on Head-Fi. You can tell many of them are either full on shills or doing a lot of reviews in less than good faith.

You’re not in that category for me

6 Likes

I hope I am not on the shit list LOL

2 Likes

I’ve only been frequenting that forum for a few months and at first, I was like… wow there are people who are really passionate about their gear (they get for free or at a huge discount). The way they describe the sounds coming out of their IEMs and cables must make them cream their pants every time they hit play.

It’s one thing for someone to appreciate their gear, but to speak so highly of gear from one brand is pretty susⁿ

for the nerds… n = ∞

3 Likes

You guys are vetted though.

Yes

2 Likes

Vulkan >>>> B2

While I agree with that review to some extent, timbre and bass are really not at the required level on B2. If you care about those two things Vulkan is superior.

2 Likes

@ToneDeafMonk could you do me a favor and measure your EA1000 gold nozzle with just a high density foam mod, and post it to your squig?

Much appreciated if you can

1 Like

For you I would do that, you thinking to tame some highs ?

Joseph from LETSHOUER and I are getting together a listening session and I get to try the final version of the S15 hybrid so excited for that.

7 Likes

Is this high density enough?

:joy:

(its from taobao, those “import” foams are a lot higher density than the “high density” foams you usually find.)

3 Likes

You’re a beast, Riku lol

No I just wanted to see regular HDF :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

This is the mod Im using atm.

Will say a word or two in my own thread in a few minutes. (and regarding the Fudu.)

4 Likes

I’ll try the 500mesh again but it felt like it took too much of the top end off for me.

Kinda like I get Simgot for those “I want upper end in my face” moods so don’t kill all the mojo lol

1 Like

Its graphing almost exactly as black stock

2x 4x3 high density foams

Interesting fact this is pair #2 and they graph exactly as the first set!
Thats absolutely stunning

3 Likes

Just buy a Falcon Ultra

That sibilance dip is incredible

3 Likes

I might get one so that is what im waiting for before I go more in depth with the EA1000. (and also waiting for the EM6L.)

5 Likes

Are you using foam tips to measure? Your treble graphs a lot less than mine using silicone tips.

I got the conch based off of your video man. Then I saw Akros’ video on the conch. Both of you can’t be right. :wink:

1 Like

Sure they can be. They don’t share the same pair of ears, do they?

2 Likes

ToneDeafMonk is so enthusiastic about so many IEMs, that I always get the impression the one he is reviewing is as good as it gets, perfection! I can’t wait to get my hands on it. Then someone will ask if it’s as good as so-and-so IEM, and often it’s an obvious “no, not as good as that one”, so I get confused & put my credit card back in my wallet.

7 Likes

Yeah i love music and gear , if you ever have a question just ask.

I also am enthusiastic about price to performance stuff.

I should do a top recommended

That bieng said I am happy to now slow down it was nust before 11:11 i wanted to get put some stuff i thought was standout.

EA1000
WIND
CONCH
FALCON Pro not done yet
MEZE Advar
Castor Bass

5 Likes

Your reviews are great!
You just seem to max out at 100% enthusiam on so many sets, that I can’t tell what performance level they are actually at compared to others. For instance you really like the TRN Conch, but I wouldn’t think you like it as much as the Penon Turbo, but it’s really hard to tell. I’m probably your opposite (not the most enthusiastic guy I’ve been told), so that could be my problem. :slight_smile:

3 Likes