Good audio reviewers and ones to stay far far away from

Do you happen to know if this guy is Romanian? His features and accent remind me a bit of Dobrescu George who has his own channel and posts on headfi.

Oluv wins cause he has the only useful audio samples on the internet

1 Like

according to his youtube channel info, he’s from serbia.

speaking of audio-reviewers with great accents … but i also really like Oluv, he seems very honest, direct and personal.

What is the opinion between reviewers that measure and those that dont?

i think this depends on your opinion on the importance of measurements in general. For me, measurements are important i.e. if you’re irritated about certain peaks you are hearing and want a confirmation, that said HP indeed has a peak or dip an some point. But i rather tend to say, that, unless a HP (or any other piece of audio) has a violently broken frequency response, you cannot measure a good or bad listening experience, frequency response and SNR likewise. Audio engineering is a like an artform with freedom to do anything if it serves a purpose. I believe verbally describing the experience, i.e. coloured/non-coloured sound, soundstage, imaging, tonality, detail etc. is far more important to get a sense of what is being heard. And if i could wish for anything to focus more on by the reviewers, it’s testing stuff with different amps/dacs/HPs and focus even more on pairing. The average person that wants to listen in perfect quality doesn’t have the time or the means to try a thousend possible DAC/AMP/HP-combinations.

1 Like

His description starting at the 21:35 mark of the video is the best I’ve heard about the Ares 2.

He’s a very poetical reviewer!

I’ve been researching the Ares 2 for awhile now and this review is amazing!

Thank you for posting this reviewer!

2 Likes

I like resolve whole does a great job on his measurements and how he includes them in his reviews. Even further he can explain what reviews are good for and their limitations and what personal preference comes into play.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ0oW8D5z_IiFc7w46JJEuA

New reviewer I ran into. Has Z’s filming style but a lot more detailed in his descriptions of how things sound. Seems very knowledgeable.

1 Like

DMS, Josh, Headphoneshow (prefer Andrews stuff), Z, John Darko and when BadSeedtech was doing audio stuff it was great. I’ve since added Tylerseclectic to the mix from HPShow. Always looking out for more information. I like to have all flavors of types to watch to form a great opinion of whether I will enjoy something or not.

1 Like

On the fence with ASR they crapped all over the amazon amp. Z gave a positive review because he actually listened to the thing. Their forum members claimed audible hiss from amirs measuements. Z didnt mention hiss coming from his speakers, i dont hear anything.

Some times I think ASR believers don’t listen to the gear, but just look at the measurements. So I have a hard time taking Amir and his friends seriously.

Measurements are relevant to look at, but not the way they do it.

6 Likes

I mean it’s easier to brag about numbers rather than qualitative qualities, and feels like that’s the whole point of the forum anyway.

2 Likes

Just discovered this guy today. At least it is another reviewer I can relate to as most of my listening is gaming and music. Still deciding how much I like his stuff, but good to see more variety in this genre!

This guy is the MF’ing man

1 Like

This guy from Home Studio Basics is pretty fresh IMO

2 Likes

I honestly have considered making my own channel, but I feel it would be bothersome or nobody would watch it :man_shrugging:

still, I am always cautious watching anybody “gaming” related when it comes to audio

1 Like

why do you think that? Is it really likely that nobody would watch it? :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a war developing between rival factions within the audio reviewer underworld. The “objectivists” vs “subjectivists” lead by subjective boss Steve “the audiophiliac” Guttenberg and “objectivists” leader Amir “sinad” Bajidimehr.

3 Likes

How does it show, are they thrash-talking each-other?
Or is it Amir’s meassurements believers who are as sensitive as always?