Good audio reviewers and ones to stay far far away from

If anyone is interested in upgrading their microphone setup with an audio interface, Julian Krause on youtube is an outstanding reviewer. He goes into great detail and is very good at picking out things that annoy the end user in general usage.

If you look closely on the rack by the silver preamp, thereā€™s a little brown bottle with a white cap. Actual snake oil! Shitā€™s expensive!

5 Likes

Cabin fever might be taking hold.

1 Like

The wars are waged via the disciples.

Thereā€™s a war goinā€™ on online no user safe from/
You could sign-off, but you canā€™t hide forever/
From these forums that we done took/
You login with your head down, scared to look/

1 Like

Looks like a review embargo was just lifted :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Lol even sparechange is talking about them.

If these are like a budget legend L series I bet these could be pretty nice

I really enjoyed listening to this little audio chat. Get to hear a little about their audio journeys. Cool to see how they reacted to reaching new audio milestones (open-back, speakers, vintage, etc.).

This guyā€™s opinion I respect more than Steve G, Zeos, Josh and a pretty much everyone else. Thomas and Stereo is a close second for me.

1 Like

Iā€™ve enjoyed this guys videos lately. He comes at a very gaming oriented focus, but does give his opinions on the music & entertainment performance of cans. Maybe stares at the graphs little too much for my liking, but overall good content.

1 Like

Is Polk big outside of the car stereo scene? They were everywhere when i was looking for car stereos

Here are just some articles that I find to be quite powerful and true:

Jason just going at it and speaking the truth. I personally do not follow the Schiit Happened series, but I found this article to be quite accurate.

This is another article that I have been encouraging others to read (itā€™s from 2012, props to @Rikudou_Goku for bringing it up!) :

6 Likes

Yup, both are great articles.

1 Like

I have never seen this before. And nowā€¦ Iā€™m hooked!

The reviewer I pay closest attention is Crinacle. I find his reviews pretty reliable and there is a good balance between objectivity and sharing his listening experiences. And he recognizes that tuning is a matter of preference. I would love to see him do more videos as the three on his youtube channel are excellent.

3 Likes

Marcello needs some love around here as well! Dude goes HAM on his reviews especially with the photo shots and B roll.

9 Likes

Thanks for that, my presonus actually just died, that channel will become handy

1 Like

^^^ x2 top guy :+1:

3 Likes

Just saw this video about the Final A series IEM

Looks like she just started out reviewing audio products. From this video, I think sheā€™s a promising one. I really like her way of presentation and comprehensive review, although I donā€™t know how accurate they are since I donā€™t own any of the Final IEM. Really interested to see how she goes in the future. Check it out if you have time

5 Likes