Got the Koss KSC75s today: What the F*** Koss?!

So you guys told me to get a pair of Yaxi pads for my KSC75s and I did, this is what happened after replacing the stock pads with it and I am going to explain it with one picture below after the pics of the Yaxi pads.

__akashi_azur_lane_drawn_by_kyogoku_shin__17951b09b53d63e9b7f78b77febe1a38
Seriously, What the fuck Koss?!! I knew that the KSC75 is like already hella’ good with even the stock pads, but to put these with Yaxi pads?! like HOW?! How is this even possible? I am literally like that in that picture.

2 Likes

Ha, this post had me a bit excited to check these out again. I had a pair of koss clips in the early 2000’s that were nearly the same looking.

These are $55 on amazon in Canada lol

I just saw, ouch. Can’t Canadians order through the US site for some extra in shipping? Alternatively, Drop has them in black as the KSC75x. Excellent mids and treble, at the cost of a cable with suspect durability.

I want to get the Drop version and mod it… Sale is going to end soon, but it isn’t a good time for me to burn more cash on 'phones. aaaaaaaa

When I get stuff on Drop, I end up having to pay duties. Combine that with occasional awful shipping and Drop is usually crappy to buy from for us Canadians. USD+Shipping+duties is a bummer when the Canadian Dollar is a Peso.

Only some stuff on the US amazon will ship to Canada, so its a case-by-case affair.

Aw, that’s such a bummer to hear. Default price on Amazon seems to be under 30 CAD, so hopefully you’ll see the price drop again.

Canuck here, I highly recommend ordering straight from Koss’s site. I’ve gotten all of my Koss there with no complaints.

Really wish Koss would come out with a full sized open back in the SHP9500/9600 price range.

1 Like

There are the GMR-545 Air, which apparently do sound quite good.

But then there is the typical Koss catch of shit build quality. :^)

Jokes aside, I would like to see them make a $200+ open-back. D-cups, detachable either side cables, neutral reference tuning. There has been no news on the A/550, but I do hope they are continuing development. I’d happily be a first adoptor lol

3 Likes

Finally got around to “mod” my KSC75s today…

Yaxi pads, and a cheap “headband”

after 15min listening, i think they sound better, and at least for me it seems like the comfort is better when i don’t have the “hook” round my ear. They are sooo light with that headband, and the pressure against the ears is very light, so no complaints so far. I can still move the head around vigorously without any danger of them falling off (the low mass helps on that).

Compared to my kph30i (stock) they feel a bit more open in the treble, and less “veiled” . My koss porta pro with yaxi pads are not at nearby right now, so i can’t make that comparison, but i would guess the pads are the biggest part of the treble difference vs the kph30i.

As for the bass, a bit more pressure to the ears adds a little bit i feel.

All in all, i would call it a Great Success! :smiley:

5 Likes

@Knutmh Yup, I concur. Same results. I have several set up like that,lol…and
use them often.

I believe that I have finally reached to a higher plane of understanding when it comes to sounds after doing this mod to my KSC75s. It felt so different but at the same time much better than the previous earhooks that I have been using, and I love the comfortable pressure that I feel from these since I don’t mind a bit of clamp. Overall, this mod is a quality of life improvement.

3 Likes

Guess I’m gonna have to buy two of them. One for clips, one for headband. Heck, I may as well by 4: 2 extras while the first two will undoubtedly have wire failure in 2mo with how bad my luck is :^)

These things are more bass-light than I remember. There is decent enough kick, but everything below 100Hz is kind of gone in a lot of the electronic music I listen to. Still phenomenal. The treble :weary::ok_hand:

Also, I though clips would be less bothersome than a headband with my overgrown hair, but it’s the opposite. I really need to get it trimmed. :confused:

1 Like

Welp, so far I have been enjoying mine and been using it more often just like I said back then. Although, with an upcoming one that I ordered, I am not sure if it’s still going to be that case but we’ll see for the KSC75s are still doing me well.

1 Like

I didn’t notice before, but the KSC75 foam (left) is much less dense than the Porta Pro one (right). Tried swapping pads, but I can’t really tell any significant changes in sound.

Also there is a clear difference in bass extension and treble extension between the round-back KSC75 versus the flat-back KTXPRO1 despite both using titanium drivers. It’s not clamp, but because of the housing design, I think (I briefly swapped the KTXPRO1 drivers on clips, and sound was not really any different from being on a headband). Although the KSC75’s treble is cleaner , I feel the KTXPRO1 has an overall more satisfying v-shaped tonality that extends in both directions just enough.

Yep which is why I have made the decision of replacing the stock ones with the Yaxi pads, huge improvement from the stock pads in terms of the feel and comfort you get from it. Adding the fact that I also did the headband mod for it as well, makes it even more comfortable. By the way, I cannot wait for an another Koss headphone that I ordered and I hope it is what it is on what people are saying about it.

is it the KPH30i? Finally was able to get it?

Personally, I bought a KDE250 that was still new in box, lol. Gonna take a month. Super weird… earphones? I hope they fit my ears.

You’ll see on what I am getting, I will leave my thoughts about it once it is here.