Got the Koss KSC75s today: What the F*** Koss?!

I swear, the Koss 60 Ohms scale better than my ATH-AD900x or ATH-M40x. Everything sounds more or less the same with the Audio Technicas, but I can hear clear differences among the crappy computer downstairs, my dad’s integrated amp, my laptop, my phone, my Fiio K5 Pro, and an old Teac integrated.

2 Likes

It’s ridiculous, i remember owing the 58x at the same time, and noticing that the 58x just kinda stopped after a while but the ksc75 just kept on getting better lol. almost felt that it was worth buying the xduoo plus just for the ksc75

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here. I’m not saying anything, I’m just saying.

1 Like

Join the fight! The KPH-ers have us on the back foot, but we KSC-ers shall still prevail! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah I am also curious about the other Koss models, maybe in time I will find the opportunity to get those other 2, but I think my eyes right now are hot for the KPH30is since the review of Zeos came out for it. Buy overall, my KSC75s are doing me good and I think this is like an old school feel to me since my dad used to have ear clips that he uses and this is kind of like a moment where I am like “Oh, so this is what my dad was into during his days.”

Still though M0N, I am still baffled today even though I did a whole day of listening with these on yesterday. Like, how? just HOW is this 15USD?! I am still in that state of my mind being blown.

Compared to the KSC75, the KPH30i will sound muddy, at least for me it was. I think stock tonality is better than Porta Pro, but it shares the severe treble roll off of the Porta Pro as well as a promiment mid-high bass peak.
Although I will say the Porta Pros is overall the least preferable sound of the 60 ohms (I like bright), it is my favorite because of other attributes. It folds. Pad swapping is easy. Looks the most interesting. Most comfortable to me with variable pressure settings. Most secure fit. Leaks the least sound. More history behind it.
Porta Pro tonality is not bad at all, but I am the kind of guy who likes listening to treble-heavy hardcore with bright headphones. I did a Kramer-esque mod on my Porta Pros, and the treble extension is notably better than before, more to my taste.

I’ve had a recurring urge to get the KPH30i again. Not that it will add anything special in terms of sound compared to what I have, but for the sake of collecting. I really really hope the rumored clear will come true. I’d instantly jump on that.

1 Like

Yeah, I am curious about the other Koss headphones as well but I am more drawn to get the KPH30is first since that one is also considered as endgame to some.

Guys! WHY?! What the eff have you done to me?! after some of you back then have made me curious about getting the KSC75s, and I forgot who did suggested it to me, I blame you all! because, I am using my KSC75s even MORE than the current headphones and IEMs that I have right now! Oh no, what should I do?

1 Like

:wink: Enjoy them!

2 Likes

Welcome to hell.

I thought it was new-toy syndrome, but it’s been almost 2 months where I would ignore my Audio Technicas for the Porta Pro.

I picked up the AD900x a couple times to listen to speedcore, but back to the Porta Pro after that. KTXPRO1 sounds better than the Porta Pro, but after using it to listen to full orchestra I go back to the Porta Pro.

I want to dismiss the Koss hype as a meme, but my behavior says otherwise. I still can’t believe I found satisfaction in a pair of $20 headphones with $12 pads. I feel ashamed to be an “audiophile” :joy:

3 Likes

My best friend bought the 58x a while ago. I gave him a set of ksc 75s so he could have different sound signatures to play with. The next day he said, “I hate you!” :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah that’s basically me right now, like your friend and I hate that person who suggested me this ear clips, in a good way at least lol

2 Likes

To me the lack of bass on the KSC75 was not really apparent unless I purposefully compared to other headphones. The midrange and treble just feels so nice that the lack of bass and treble extension didn’t bother me.

The kind of sound signature I hate the most is V-shaped. Whether bright or dark, I neeeed a solid midrange. I don’t like my ATH-M40x because of the slight dip around lower-mids. Everything sounds hyped but thin.

1 Like

Guys, please stop writing the words you’re writing. I have exactly zero need for these headphones. But you’re going to make me buy them lol.

2 Likes

$15 man. Heck if you don’t like the sound you may as well use them as a Christmas ornament. :slight_smile:

IMO trying a Koss out is more about burning a couple dollars for cheap entertainment. Though you can already make a mean burger, sometimes you just want to relish a $1 cheeseburger from McDonalds.

2 Likes

literally me. i loved the 58x, but straight up bought the ksc75 and fully switched lol

1 Like

From the wise words of Chancellor Palpatine from the Revenge of the Sith:

1 Like

Get the kph30i’s, sound better imo (i have both) headband for me when im wearing it i cannot feel it, they are clampy at the start, but after a while they are perfect, kph30is with yaxi pads are the best, GET IT PLEASE!!!

I am willing to get it but there is a problem, I cannot see shit from the local online sellers that we have here, let alone trying to buy one in the middle of a freaking pandemic here. But yeah, in time I will buy one if I am able to find one with a good deal, for I have been curious about it for a while ever since its review by Zeos back then.