šŸ”¶ Grado Ltd Edition Hemp

1 Like

Been using them with the new headband for a while and it is super comfortable. Very happy with the quality as well.

2 Likes

I just found out, Rtings measured these.

Link: https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-4/graph#16289/3992

5 Likes

i love this headphone would take it any day over a Focal Elegia, M40X, DT770. Do wish we had a better alternative for pads but these were a win for meā€¦

1 Like

At this point my ears have been broken in just as much as the pads. They sound so good that I genuinely didnā€™t care about the early discomfort. Now Iā€™m goid for a few hours.

2 Likes

Do you know what target curve us being used?

i havenā€™t used exclusive so itā€™s taking me a bit longer, been using the Olloā€™s the last couple weeks

Harman, with their own slight modifications, but I still trust em.

Edit: RAW data is available, too.

1 Like

I looked at the raw graph and it seems consistent with other raw grado graphs Iā€™ve seen, but I personally donā€™t hear the peaks at 2k and 9k or the dip at 6k. The peak at 2k is really strange for me since I tend to be sensitive to peaks in the upper mids but the Hemps really donā€™t bother me at all.

Just tested with a tone generator and I can hear a SMALL peak at 2k, a dip at 6k, and then it comes back up by 9k, but the 9k is not at all a peak to my ears. It sounds about equal with 10k and up. My point is, if you were considering these and that graph with what looks like an ice pick at 9k scared you, donā€™t be. The treble, while bright, is very smooth and the upper mids are not as bad as the graph makes them look either.

Edit: just double checked and it is in fact not a peak at 9k for me and the 6k dip is not as bad as the graph makes it look.

1 Like

Saw your post on the ā€œwhat did you buy todayā€ where you linked to your Spotify page. Iā€™m liking your stuff. Itā€™s nice and chill with a hotline miami vibe sometimes. Keep up the good work.

Edit: Forgot to mention Iā€™m listening with the Hemps and they are a nice mix with your music. Smooth and warm but with enough top end for those cymbals and what not.

1 Like

I mean I got the SR60s already, itā€™s their signature 2khz peak and (9-to-12khz?) peaks, some are more sensitive to it than others ā€“ and some Grados do it less (and are less painful lol) than others. But ā€œmids are where the music isā€ so itā€™s hard to ā€œhearā€ a peak at 2khz. Just that (imho) Grados ā€œcheatā€ so much by boosting the mids that every other headphones sound lifeless next to em after switching.

And by cheating I mean, itā€™s euphonic. And pleasant. Iā€™m still interested by the GW100s. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking at rtings graphs and from what I hear comparing my Hemps to my HD58X the mids are actually not very ā€œboostedā€. What I think makes Grados sound more livley than most other things is the dynamics and overall impact. Both my Grados have great dynamics and make anything from the upper bass and up hit just a bit harder than something like my HD58X which are much more polite in how they deliver sound by comparison.

3 Likes

I appreciate the time man truly. Just now realizing I havenā€™t listened to anything of mine through the Hemps. Was just listening to some female choir with them though, love the mids these put out

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using these for TV and movies recently and they are great. Voices are clear, bass rumbles well, and the treble is detailed for all those little sound effects. The imaging and intemacy also help to make scary movies/TV even more effective. Its great when those spooky sounds are right in your ear and you can even feel them sometimes.

2 Likes

I do the same for late night. In the bedroom I can get LDAC from my Nvidia Shield using the BTR 5, even low gain is more than enough. Also when I want a large visual interface for Amazon music. Iā€™m still curious on the GW100 though, just for a nice all in one but Iā€™m not quite sure it would be the same quality.

The GW100 is definitely not going to be the same quality. Its $250, so that means the Bluetooth and headphones only come out to half the cost of the set up youā€™re using, pluss it all has to be crammed into a Grado sized headphone. Unless you want to use them while moving around the house or even properly portable the GW100 are more then likely not worth it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I feel everytime Iā€™m about to pull the trigger, even with dsp I just donā€™t see it, but itā€™s more fomo I guess

1 Like

The attraction of the GW100 is that you can connect them to a mobile device via Bluetooth.

Has anyone connected the Hemp to a phone via USB C to 3.5mm? If so what adapter is recommended? That may negate the need for a GW100 if having a wired connection is digestible.

If Iā€™m feeling lazy Iā€™ll use my Hemps straight off my LG V30 and they sound fine. I imagine any dongle dac will due the trick. The Hemps are rather easy to drive so anything that is generally high quality will have plenty of power.

The issue for me is the - T H I C C - cable the Hemps have. It will almost certainly not be good for your phoneā€™s usb c port to have that extension cord hanging from it. Also no Grado is really good for portable since they are SUPER open and might not stay in place while moving about all that well.

Edit: forgot to say welcome to the forums.