šŸ”¶ Grado SR60e / SR80e

Or Audioquest Nighthawkā€¦ :smirk:

I guess I shouldā€™ve quoted the whole thing lol

1 Like

Oh lol I didnā€™t even see XD

Haha, I chickened out previously and got M40x, the more agreeable younger brother. Maybe M50x one day for the right priceā€¦

How are the grados? Highs arent too high with rock? I havenā€™t given my sr60e a fair shake yet

I really like how guitars sound on them and everything sounds really open. But disclaimer, see last sentence:

So yea, I currently donā€™t trust my ears. Most everything sounds good to me, to varying degrees. (I donā€™t have hearing damage AFAIK haha)

Lol yeah I have to listen pretty intently to notice differences myselfā€¦ feels like work sometimes but Iā€™m enjoying itā€¦ but noted for sure lol thanks

1 Like

If I have nothing good to say then donā€™t say nuthinā€¦ thatā€™s what my mama taught me :zipper_mouth_face:

Does anyone know if the sr60e pairs well with a tube amp? Zeos mentioned it I believe and I was going to sell them but I may hold off if thatā€™s the case

It does, but it will change the sound a fair bit, but it would work and most likely be interesting at least lol. I personally wouldnā€™t suggest it unless you have a low z out on your tube amp. I donā€™t really like my grado on my tube unless itā€™s in low impedance mode

this is what I was hoping to hear lol ā€¦ thanks for disappointing my potential buyer :wink:

oh okayā€¦ so not ideal with the dv?

No, sorry I forgot to add that earlier lol. It does work but I donā€™t really think itā€™s a great experience. I mean if you have the tube amp coming I would wait and listen for yourself of course, but idk

the buyer would like it asapā€¦ Iā€™m really not a fan of it so I think ill just let it go

Gotcha, I think if you donā€™t enjoy them now I donā€™t think you would enjoy them on the darkvoice imo

1 Like

Get a budget Koss instead. Theyā€™ve got a similar focus on aggressive treble but theyā€™re not asā€¦ shrill? (I donā€™t get that but it seems most do) They also have bass more similar to the SR80, though the KSC75 doesnā€™t handle sustained bass very well.

Oh noā€¦ I have it but was asking whether or not itd be worth keepingā€¦ the koss stuff is great I agree :+1:

The buyer bailed so Iā€™ll hang onto it for now

1 Like

How much do you want for it? I was planning on modding a detachable cable to mine, but Iā€™m not the handiest, would be good to have a replacement ready.

I was rushed because the buyer seemed to be wanting it immediately but you know how that goes sometimesā€¦ Iā€™ll keep you in mind but Iā€™ll keep them for the time beingā€¦ I cant rely on m0ns ears for everything after all lol

No worries, Iā€™m not in any hurry.

1 Like