Grounding Issue

So my V280 is picking up some interference from components that have switching power supplies. Any way to decrease the interference? I tried iFi AC iPurifier and Ebtech Hum X, but they didn’t help.

Before throwing money at a power conditioner, you should ensure it is not interference picked up from RCA cables running by powerbricks.

Also checking to make sure it isn’t a ground loop (although this doesn’t seem to be one)

1 Like

Start by isolating your V280, feed it a signal from a DAP if you have one and see if the noise goes away.

Do you happen to be using WiFi range extenders over power lines?

So when no inputs or RCA are connected the feedback is pretty bad. When XLR are connected the feedback is a lot better, but still audible around 1-3 o’clock.

Just took the V280 into another room and hooked it up to power, no inputs. Same loud feedback, but I also noticed that when I touch the volume knob the feedback reduces slightly. Sounds like a grounding issue?

Hmmm what cable are you using on it for power? Honestly that would sound like an improper ground, like you didn’t have one almost

I have the stock cable and an AC cable from Pine Tree Audio. Both same problem.

You still have that ifi purifier?

Yes I still have it.

iFi sells something called a groundhog that might fix your issue, and it can also connect to the purifier as well

I saw that. I guess I will order one.

I think you would want the groundhog+ since that comes with the one that connects to their purifier. If that doesn’t make a difference, I would reach out to Arthur at power holdings and he should be able to help since that would most likely be an issue with the unit itself at that point

Ordered. I will see how it turns out. Appreciate all the help!

@Wesley I completely forgot, the lake people/vio have grounding jumpers that you should check

2 Likes

Yeah I tried all combinations for the Case and XLR grounds. The only combination that worked well was to use XLR input, XLR ground set to Case Position, and Case ground set to Lift Position. No input or RCA input doesn’t like any combination.

That’s quite bizarre tbh

Yeah, I’m gonna try that Groundhog. If that don’t work I will contact Power Holdings. I feel like something is weird with my unit though.

The V280 has a ground screw in the back. Use some piece of wire to connect that to a known good Ground.

Oh shit, thanks!