Guideray GR-i 50$ Goodness

Yeah, I got 2 pairs for me and my wife. I took that opportunity to listen and they are the exact same.

1 Like

Okay cool thanks guys!

1 Like

Also the Blue color with the shell looks beautiful, like an abalone shell in the ocean.

That is the one I got for myself. What surprised me about these is they are so warm. You normally dont get that with IEMs at this price range (most are V shaped) as mids are difficult to do right on an IEM without significant tuning and R&D, which typically passes off the cost to the customer.

1 Like

Interesting, I heard from some people they were slightly V shaped yet warm somehow at the same time. How is the bass and treble? I like slightly v shaped sound, but with good detail in the treble.

It has pretty good detail in the treble and also well controlled bass, pretty nice for the price to me.

1 Like

The shape looks like something you would see on high end custom IEMs too, more shaped to the inside of an ear. Iā€™m also considering these now because another plus is that I could get a nicer wire for both my BLONS and these, since they both use a 2 pin 0.78.

They have a very small nozzle so they fit people with smaller ears well, some of my family members that really cant use iems actually can fit these with their smallest included tips. They fit my ear very well and isolate well, I donā€™t really feel the need to change the tips or the cable on these, a complete package for me

1 Like

Thatā€™s great, my left ear canal is especially small since there is always more pressure on it when using the same size silicone tips on the BLONS.

Most comfortable IEMs Iā€™ve ever worn actually. I wouldnā€™t call the V shaped, but slight U shape, which means the mids arent recessed into oblivion like most IEMs in that price range. I find them to be very inoffensive, so some may consider them dull, but not me. They have the right energy in the right places and one of my test songs that highlights this is BBK by Korn. That song can tell you in the 1st 30 seconds if something has too much energy because the kick drum thumps, the guitar intro is distorted and covers the mid range like a blanket, and the symbols can give away sibilance. I suggest that song a lot as a test track.

1 Like

I just ordered a pair after reading through this thread. Iā€™ve been looking for a more comfortable pair of IEMs both for listening and using as monitors at my church, and these seem like theyā€™d do a decent job of both. I have a KZ ZST or ZSN (canā€™t remember off the top of my head) and itā€™s just so freaking uncomfortable, and the sound wasnā€™t as good as the hype led me to believe

edit: after double checking itā€™s the ZSTs that I have

3 Likes

I think tou will be pleased by these, they dont offend in sound and are really form fitting as far as comfort goes imo

1 Like

After talking to Soren_Peregrine in another thread and expressing my love/hate relationship with the Tin T2s tuning, they recommended these to me. I purchased the i58 since Iā€™m trying to get away from all black everything and quickly fell in love with how they sounded.

After a brief exchange over PMs, it seems it might be worth the extra dollar or so to get the mic version as Soren got foams whereas I did not with the non-mic version. Not a huge problem personally as I bought a box of generic Foam tips for about 8$ alongside these and also my Tin Foam tips fit as well. I personally could care less about having the phone portion since these will either be connected to a DAP on my desk at work or my Dac-X6 at home. Plus I can use the nice 2-pin cable it comes with for other IEMs too, just like I do with my Tin cable.

Anyways, I personally think these are flying under the radar. These are pretty nice for their price point. The only real gripe I can think of would be lack of foam tips out of the box but that could also be a mistake. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

They are solid overall for the price for sure :+1:

Oh, I didnā€™t get them myself.
I just saw an unboxing where somebody got the foam tips with the mic version. And others I talked to got foam tips as well.
If you want good foam tips, I would suggest also looking at other brands for good pairs. Dekoni are pretty highly regarded.

Got mine in last night. Initial impressions are good. My ear holes were too big for any of the included tips, but I have a decent amount of various tips lying around, so I was able to get some silicones on it that had a good seal.

Theyā€™re definitely comfortable, I think I could probably wear them for at least a couple of hours without any issues. Sound after getting a good seal is good, Iā€™ve been mostly listening to the soundcore liberty 2 pros lately, which are pretty V-shaped, so initially I felt the GR-i 58s sounded a little muffled, but after adjusting to their signature I like them a lot. I think theyā€™re very easy to listen to.

Havenā€™t had a chance to use them as monitors yet, but Iā€™ll come back when I have and probably do a more thorough review as well because Iā€™ll have had them for a while by then.

1 Like

Small update: Yā€™all were totally right about the comfort, Iā€™ve been using them all day at work and zero discomfort at all, that alone is a huge pro for these in my book.

Also, this isnā€™t related to functionality or sound, but I think itā€™s kinda funny how the stock cable makes them look like an MMCX connector rather than a two pin

4 Likes

so i got mine today. Plan to use them while i clean up around the house today. Initial impressions they look really nice the shells have a premium feel. The tip assortment is excellent so many options, and the cable seems nice. Without having listened to them much yet Iā€™m going to absolutely agree with M0N about these being a better offering than the BLONs in the under 50 category just based on the package they include. They are also super comfortable another plus they have over the Blons

3 Likes

Nice! Glad you are enjoying them so far!

yeah i thought the black would be a little plain but itā€™s actually a really nice looking shell. Iā€™m sure the other colors look great too