Guideray GR-i 50$ Goodness

Yeah, I’m going to go for the blue color when I have the chance.

1 Like

I have the blue, they’re pretty slick looking.

I have the blue as well. These are amazing IEMs considering the price.

I also got the blue and I think they look incredible. Very upscale look and feel for a $50 IEM

3 Likes

Yes, surprised me as well when I first received them

3 Likes

Are these worth getting as a ‘pass the f**k out’, smooth iem that’s still clear (I can’t stand muddy sounding headphones)? I just want something that won’t leak sound for travel but I’m hardly ever going to use them, otherwise I’d get something like the Starfield.
The others I was considering were the Blon’s and the T2 paired with a BTR3k.

Thanks to all that recommended this iem to me. Got mine for about a week now and really liking the sound and comfort from it. :+1:

4 Likes

Really great little budget IEM. My favorite in the price range hands down, and you rarely hear it being talked about.

2 Likes

One of these days I’m going to pick these up and try them out. My excuse might be because I need a “meeting” set with a mic that isn’t attached to a terrible cable.

The guideray fits that need perfectly imo

1 Like

The mic version is currently on sale at amazon. Good time to buy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

guideray is largely ignored due to the fact that it has bloated bass and dark treble. anand competition like the tin t2 plus and the blon o1 which are the current hype. I mean oh well more for me I guess

2 Likes

Same. I enjoy the hell out of it for the price.

I meant to update a long time ago about using them as monitors for playing live music, but I forgot. That said, I think they are serviceable as live monitors, but not amazing. Their mid-range warmth is great for long term listening sessions, but tends to muddy up a monitor mix a good bit, so you have to put in a little more work on your mix than other IEMs that I’ve used. I haven’t used a ton of different IEMs for monitoring, but I would say the Shure SE315 and to a lesser extend the 215 sound a bit better for live monitoring, but aren’t as comfortable. All in all, I have loved the GR-i, and wholeheartedly recommend them for comfy, casual listening