Guitar - Instrumental

Here’s a couple of my favorite acoustic guitar vids.

One man band Luca Stricagnoli has done a ton of great stuff like this

Gotta have Rodrigo y Gabriela in the first post…

4 Likes

Sam Westphalen

Justin Johnson

Nils Lofgren

Mateus Asato

2 Likes

Some of the best guitar things I’ve found on the Internet are from Ye Olde Youtube in the days of 240p videos, when Funtwo (Lim Jeong-hyun) was starting to dabble in classical remakes on his electric guitar:

And on the acoustic guitar front, I also stumbled on the Candyrat Records channel like OP, and got really into this guy’s work (and bought albums etc.):

3 Likes

Jeff doing what he does…

2 Likes

Andy McKee has got some great stuff. Previously I was only familiar with ‘Hunter’s Moon’ because of this video. Basically this was a submission to a MMD animation contest.

1 Like

Some old and new Ewan Dobson

3 Likes

Great stuff, I remember all the comments about how “it seems Lord Raiden has learned to play guitar” or “I approve of how this lamp post plays guitar”. :laughing:

I had a second guy I liked from Candyrat Records: Alex Anderson. Not as amazing as Andy McKee but he did make me buy about 20 songs of his.

And my most recent one whom I found just randomly zapping YouTube is Rob Scallon - I stumbled upon this thing and was left wanting more:

(The original “Rain” is the version I like the least, there’s something way too harsh in his guitar sound there, and the one I like the most is the cello version of it, still by Rob Scallon, not a cover.)
1 Like