šŸ”¶ HarmonicDyne Helios

^^^This,This,This or maybe change the cable? :face_with_monocle: :grin:

2 Likes

Only if itā€™s an audiophile rock infused cable.

2 Likes

Oh dude. imo the Helios crushes the 4xx. But ive never been a fan of the 4xx

1 Like

Iā€™m up around 6 hours now and Iā€™m digging them more and more. Novel looks, solid sound. Still think these were a steal.

3 Likes

hmmmmm interesting. well ive never been a fan of the 4xx either but can respect what it does. how is it better? can u do a comparison?

Well the 4xx sounded dull to me. I dont know if thats the tuning or if thats coming from the limitations of buying a 160$ plnanar. The Helios in comparison sound exciting and engaging. And the detail is of the kind you get off high end headphones. and like i said in my review the imaging and seperation or layering is fantastic. And it has more treble but not sibilant or harsh. and decent bass. i havnt listened to the 4xx in a while so i dont remember it that well.

I cant wait for Mon to get his copy. I love it and i love the fact your getting this much headphone for 200$ or the 130$ i paid. But i think Mon will most likely give more objective thoughts on the headphone. And hes really into timbre and natural tone. where i love detail, clarity and imaging. So these headphones are right up my alley.

1 Like

I see a few people stating these are better than a Sundara. Anyone actually sit down and do a full comparison to these Helios vs the Sundara to find out the pros, cons, and similarities?

4 Likes

If anybody actually thinks these are better than Sundaras, Iā€™d suggest they go get a hearing test. Iā€™m not even a fan of Hifiman, but the Sundaras are some of their best sounding headphones.

The Harmonicdyne helios uses cheap OEM drivers (link below). I actually could DIY build them myself if I had the cups and the plates.

https://h5.aliexpress.com/item/32951370674.html

I havenā€™t heard the Harmonicdyne Helios, but judging from the drivers themselves and the fact numerous pads were offered means these werenā€™t properly tuned. Iā€™ll definitely pass on these decorative DIY aliexpress specials.

3 Likes

To be fair here, if you know how to properly tune a driver you can get good results imo, so I wouldnā€™t suggest judging headphones on the cost of raw materials and the drivers they use, it wonā€™t really paint the whole picture

Of course @M0N, but compared to the Sundara? No contest.

Well I can speculate and complain about the marketing and hype as much as I want as I did above when I was not in my best mind like I did earlier in this thread, but I canā€™t say anything for something I havenā€™t heard myself. And again this is preference here too. I would be open to try one in the future when I get the chance, but Iā€™m not going to attempt to compare or argue about something that I have no experience with myself

1 Like

ā€œIf anybody actually thinks these are better than Sundaras, Iā€™d suggest they go get a hearing test.ā€

ā€œI havenā€™t heard the Harmonicdyne Heliosā€¦ā€

Umm, okā€¦ so in other words, an assessment based 100% upon pure speculation.

In other words, ā€œIā€™ve never heard them but they suck.ā€

#okboomer

I get that. I just personally think the hype of these things is nausestingā€¦which is why Iā€™m just going to mute the thread.

Aliexpress drivers, whether tuned or not, being compared to the sundara is a bit too far fetched. Iā€™m all about subjective listening, but when it just becomes confirmation bias that further perpetuates the hype, thatā€™s when credibility flys out the window.

To everybody that is enjoying these, Iā€™m happy to hear that. In the end that is all that matters.

About thatā€¦ you could DIY a lot of the gear that gets raved about on this forum and others. Most of it for less than 10% of what you get charged for when buying it ready made.

ā€œBut you will not get the tuning the sameā€¦ā€ - Yeah, no. Most headphone amps I got enough images of the PCB to ā€œreverse engineerā€ (ā†’ compare to spec sheets) are 1:1 implementations of the reference circuit from the spec sheets.

I agree. I made DIY Grado mods for the past 6 years. I also did a few custom built headphones from the ground up (earphonediylab makes it even easier to do so now). That actually is why I said that as I have experience doing so. Tuning without a measurement rig means that you have to be very specific about quantities of material you use for things like damping, filters, etc. But it can be repeated relatively easy, totally agree

2 Likes

Where did you hear that from? on the indiegogo they say they are using a ā€œCustomized 50mm German-Engineered Dynamic Driverā€.

I think the reason these are compared to the Sundaraā€™s is detail. I lot of people and manufacturers seem to rate headphones on detail alone. And when it comes to detail these are very detailed headphones. But they are more V shaped. and their dynamics. The Sundaraā€™s are more nuetral and are planars. Theyā€™re very different headphones. The Helios may beat the Sundara on detail or match it but theres a lot more to a headphone than just detail.

These headphones are still selling at 180$ you can buy one now if you want:

ā€œShh ā€¦ adults are talking.ā€

1 Like

Hazi say it isnt true! Are you a boomer?!

Just got this update:

Great news! All the orders have been shipped out
Dear Helios Supporters,

We wish you are doing great and really appreciate your patience during these days!

Working continuously in days and nights, we are glad to announce that we have shipped all the parcels out! As the COVID-19 is still challenging the global shipment and worldwide production factories, we wouldnā€™t be able to accomplish our goal without your trust and support.

All tracking numbers will be uploaded to Indiegogo in the next couple of days. If you have purchased the DHL express shipping, you can expect to receive your HarmonicDyne Helios headphone within the next 5 - 8 business days. For standard shipping, please kindly allow 10 - 30 days for the arrival, particularly considering the impact of COVID-19.

Additionally, we have received many feedbacks and inquiries regarding the headphone case. We sincerely apologise that we didnā€™t manage to update the last-minute change to you. Due to the COVID-19 epidemic outbreak, the factories couldnā€™t fulfil the headphone case orders. To ship the Helios to you as soon as possible, we have to make the change at the very last minute. To extend our apologies, we will provide a $10 Linsoul gift card to every HarmonicDyne Helios backer.

As always, please feel free to reach out at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thanks so much for your understanding and support!

Stay tuned!

Sincerely,

HarmonicDyne and Linsoul Team