🔶 HarmonicDyne Helios

This is the official thread for the HarmonicDyne Helios

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp recommended: Yes
  • Open Back

:red_circle: IndieGoGo Link
:red_circle: Linsoul Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

Wow Zeos gave these a great review. says they rival the Sundara. Indiegogo early bird price 130$ goes on sale tomorrow. they look fantastic

I don’t need another headphone. I don’t need another headphone.I don’t need another headphone.I don’t need another headphone.I don’t need another headphone.I don’t need another headphone.I don’t need another headphone.

Ok, I signed in Indiegogo… :expressionless: :expressionless:

10 Likes

Looks at wallet, looks at Helios, looks back at wallet Look, man, I’m sorry. I know you’re still limping from the last spending spree, but… Look at them! Don’t give me that look! These are a- now there’s no need for that kinda language…

7 Likes

Those are some gorgeous headphones imho… okay, watching Z’s video and maybe not so much. The design over the drivers is kinda neat though.

If we go by Crin’s graph this is a hard MF “NO.” Hopefully his measurement rig was having a bad day. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Interesting, I wonder how it sounds

On second thought, I’ve never looked at his headphone graphs until now. They all look strange in upper regions. Go check it out! In this case I’m not sure Crin’s a reliable source for headphones.

1 Like

I am not familiar with crins headphone graphs so idk

Another reason I tend not to rely on graphs

1 Like

In this particular case with a new headphone with little to no information on the interwebs to cross reference, I’m gonna go with the graph vs. the guy who’s trying to sell me a headphone.

1 Like

Well Zoes is not a shill. but he tends to love and get excited about everything lol.

Heres a more objective review that may give some pause:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/harmonicdyne-helios.24179/reviews

5 Likes

Then you wait for other people to pick it up and review it before pulling the trigger vs Was their equipment having an off day? How did they have their equipment set up? What equipment are they using? How did they treat the enviornent they’re testing in? So on and so forth for all the little things that can fuck with how a graph comes out.

Maybe it’s just me, but those headphones look like my wife took a pair of Sivgas to arts and crafts hour and hot glued some metal doile onto them, lol.

But if it sounds good, who cares?

1 Like

If it were any other person I would validate your questions. Being crinacle I highly doubt it’s a mess up. He is very well regarded. I trust his graphs and reviews far more than Zeos.

Shrugs Eh, we shall agree to disagree then.

1 Like

The thing is until a few years ago I used to buy watches this way, crowdfunding stuff… You paid half, waited a few months and paid the rest. Two years ago I sold most of those microbrand watches and I made money with all of them, because the early bird was often way cheaper than the posterior retail price. But probably this won’t work with headphones. Would it?

I’ve been burnt with crowdfunded stuff. The hype becomes a snowball because hype is what funds these things. So an eternity later when you finally receive your goods/services, them being mediocre has been best case scenario. Worse case, the project never reaches completion.

It hasn’t mattered if it was crowdfunded audio gear, PC games I kickstarted, bass guitar amplifiers, hybrid drum symbols, etc. I was let down each time. Of course, others may have a much different experience than I do, so your mileage may vary.

As it does with most things

1 Like

Absolutely. Sometimes I think I need to put that phrase in a signature block, lol. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like