šŸ”¶ HarmonicDyne Helios

Not looking promising with all these 2nd hand units already.

2 Likes

I tend to agreeā€¦ I ordered a set from Drop 2 months agoā€¦ No sign of them yetā€¦ I thought of cancelling but may wait and if I do not like them at allā€¦ I will sell them to somebody I feel the same way aboutā€¦ Lol!

2 Likes

Aye a secondhand buy if youā€™re worried about a few bucks and want them now?

Those people are just crazy. Or they hadnā€™t given it burnin time like Kamigoroshi. Or maybe they dont like aggressive headphones. Anyway theres not that many showing up for resale

Are there actually many out there?

I just bought the 10 pads for 50$ lol. I orginally bought the 5 for 25$ Should have just got the 10

Yeah so far I see 5 sets for saleā€¦ I wouldnā€™t say that is a lot yet. at least on Hifishark

1 Like

Anyone know what these drivers are made out of? Looking at them it looks like a metal. Since theres so much detail i was wondering if it was beryllium maybe.

I dont want to raise expectations into the stratosphere but theres something about these headphones. They just sound so good. Dont know if its the detail or the frequency range of the drivers. or the soundstage. or separation but they really sound fantastic

And they are sounding even better than at first. i think they do well with burn in

lol @Antpage2 Iā€™ve never seen somebody gush so hard over a pair of headphones quite like you have to these, haha - Iā€™m happy youā€™ve met that special someone!

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s kinda funny. i got 1600$ headphones like the Arya and Autuer and the headphone i fall in love with is a 200$ headphone :yum:

But it just proves what ive been saying all along. the headphone market prices are horribly inflated. I always thought they should be able to do a great headphone at a decent price. And iā€™m not surprised its the Asians that did it. They have always put out decent stuff for a good price.

Iā€™m still gonna get the Utopia :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Iā€™m more interested in seeing if they surpass the Phantom hype more so

1 Like

Mine arrived today, I got the ā€œ10 padā€ package. They come in numbered bags. Essentially they vary the following:

• Pad thickness is either around 30mm or 25mm
  • Opening shape is either rounded or more of an oval, ear shape.
  • Material is either velour or perforated ā€œleatherā€, or a hybrid with perforated leather on the sides and velour on the face
  • The foam over the driver is very thin, except in #11, where it is considerably thicker.

Iā€™ve collected the different combinations in the table below:

I havenā€™t tried many of the pads yet. First impressions of the headphones is that they look and feel very premium, there are some minor creaking/scraping noises when you wiggle parts around but nothing noticeable on your head. They are pretty heavy.

Sound quality reflects what people have been saying. Treble is pretty good, a little sibilant maybe. Mids not too great. They are quite bassy. I am enjoying electronic music quite a bit, but vocal heavy stuff not so much.

9 Likes

Great. fucking. movie.

For those of you who havenā€™t watched it, itā€™s Young Frankenstein (A Mel Brooks movie). Now go watch it :slight_smile:

Also, RIP Gene Wilder.

3 Likes

Yep a classicā€¦

2 Likes

Abby Normalā€¦

Iā€™d assume that is a question youā€™d try to have answered before you buy it.

According to random OEM on alibaba that is ready to churn out 50,000 pieces per month; a headphone that looks like the one pictured below uses a neodymium magnet and voice coil. That doesnā€™t mean the Helios uses the same driver, so if you want hold out hope that it uses beryllium, knock yourself out.

image image

6 Likes

But i did try to find out! they wouldnt say D=

OMG! not again :disappointed: please dont tell me the Helios is just another headphone they picked up and altered. Maybe whoever makes this got a license from HarmonicDyne/Thie Audio/Linsoul and are duplicating a closed version?

Do you have the link for this?

http://hutm.cc/products001.html

Look for the 1000-1

That one didnā€™t have the description.

Here is the alibaba link.

3 Likes