šŸ”¶ HarmonicDyne x Zeos ERIS

Hereā€™s another one

I should probably mention the man is just okay with them calls them the Toyota Camry of headphones. Which someone point you out is the best-selling current America. So hereā€™s to that!

4 Likes

I am in love with these on most tracks man. @ZeosPantera extremely well tuned like 90% of the time.

I am unfortunately suffering from that peaky-ness on some tracks like all the ā€œSā€ sounds in Tobey by Eminem for example.

I am trying some foam behind them which helps a little bit. Reversing didnā€™t really change the tonality much for me strangely enough.

More than anything, I HATE that I canā€™t use your cable because my Audio Interface only has 6.35mm - and I cant find a SINGLE interface that takes XLR input with sidetone for gaming, that ALSO has a balanced 4.4 output. Not a single one. So if someone knows of one, let me know lol. Otherwise im stuck on 1/4 inch. (Unless there is some crazy thing I can string together to still get my mic monitoring/sidetone for gaming.)

Which my godā€¦ Tarkov/Hunt Showdown with these feels like wall hacking. I heard a dude crouch walking like 65 feet away from me in the upstairs of a building I was inā€¦ Somehow it has better footstep detection than my IEMsā€¦

1 Like

You can use the stock Eris cable. All you need is a female 4.4 Pentacon to male 6.35 TRS adapter on the end. It really wonā€™t make any difference in the sound. A balanced connection might get you more power & dynamics but the overall sound signature will pretty much be the same.

2 Likes

As AW says above get yourself one of these 4.4mm > 1/4" :+1:ā€¦

4 Likes

I havenā€™t watched this but the title alone I absolutely agree with. Thatā€™s how I feel about alll my audio equipment. I want it to be fun, not perfect. The Eris punches my ear holes in such an amazing way and I love them

1 Like

Interesting - @Ohmboy / AW

So what would make the biggest improvement in sound then, if the balanced cable isnā€™t really that relevant, and my budget audio interface is fine for gaming - will I see a huge jump from a budget audio interface like the minifuse 1 to some combo Dac/AMP for music?

If so, any specific recommendations?

Probably nothing tbh, an easy set to driveā€¦plug ā€™n play just enjoy the :loud_sound::musical_note: :+1:

3 Likes

Iā€™d suggest something like the Fiio K11, itā€™s a fully balanced (with the 4.4mm output jack that you need) DAC/Amp combo for about $120. I use one all day long at work with my Eris, and it sounds great, more than enough power. There is a newer version out now, the updated DAC is not necessary if you can find the older version at a discount.

I absolutely love the idea of the K11, but I need a microphone input on the same unit or somehow would have to be able to pass the output through or something.

Im really not good at all these strange interconnections. I have one Behringer UM2 and it has lasted me nearly a decade lol.

I forgot about the microphone issue, but itā€™s not impossible to overcomeā€¦ with a little more money of course.

BOOM MIC (mezeaudio.com)

There may be other similar things at lower price, but I know this one was just released.

there are a few desktop dac/amps that have mic passthroughs but would probably be better looking at something like a modmic or desktop mic if your use case allows

Can you describe the setup in more detail? Because if you have an interface for the mic and it has a 1/4" out for headphonesā€¦ Just use that as your input device for the mic and you can use a separate device to run Eris. Or get the adapter above. the only time you need to do funky mic stuff is when you have a gaming headset with a 4 pole plug and it shares the same ground cable and therefore you cannot split up mic and headphone. If you have an interface like a Motu M2 or a Scarlet 2/2 you can just use that as the microphone in and do whatever you want for your PCā€™s output. UNLESS you arenā€™t using a PC and then its weird.

Super overkill, but I use this as my mic for both PC and PS5. Lol Works great in both cases. Just clip on to your shirt and forget about it. Charges like most true wireless IEMS with the charging case.

Amazon.com : DJI Mic 2, Wireless Lavalier Microphone, Noise Cancelling, 48kHz 32-bit Float Internal Recording, 820 ft.(250m) Range, 18H Battery with Charging Case, Microphone for Camera/Phone, Vlog, Streaming : Electronics

I really appreciate all the suggestions @ycatsmot / @CTOXmas / @giova05 - I am looking into all these options now :slight_smile:

@ZeosPantera - My setup is EXTREMELY simple - 1 PC - 1 Monitor - 1/Dac/AMP Solution (Behringer UM2) - one XLR Microphone going into the UM2 (Shure SM58 - its 20 years old lol not a joke) one headphone line out at a time. Usually a pair of IEMs or my He4xx (which is kinda hard to run on the UM2)ā€¦

The ERIS runs way past loud on the UM2 and STRANGELYā€¦ The harshness is lessening as the days go by lol. (unless I turn it up just too loud)

I would LOVE to upgrade the system, but I really need one USB device to run both the Mic of some sort and headphone due to my KVM switch. (I need to run my work laptop and personal device through my KVM)

I was looking into the soundblaster x5, but then would still be looking into a new mic because no XLR inā€¦

Again thanks to everyone for the suggestions, and keep em coming if you have 2 cents to throw in, I prefer compiling all the data and then making a choice lol. (Im shocked this UM2 and Shure mic are still going franklyā€¦)

As it stands I am probably going to follow @Ohmboy 's suggestion in the interim and get that 1/4 to Balanced adapter just so I can use this sweet cable LOLā€¦

1 Like

Yes, but not need to spend $40 when $20 will do. Lol.

Driver Break in, Brain Break in or Hearing Damageā€¦ J/K lol But yeah Iā€™d now say 40-100 hours seems to be the break in threshold for Eris. Most will either run with it or give up early. As for your setup its Fine. You def can keep it on the Behringer UM2 with one of those adapters, Cheaper if need be but I love the ddHifi one posted. Donā€™t get a SoundBlaster. We can all steer you into better places nowadays. Motu M2 is my go-to for Full mic and Good Headphone amp in one box.

Right now in fact. Very enjoyable.

1 Like

when will the next batch be out? I put in a pre-order a week ago

They should be making another 400, I think they are shipping as the orders come in. So depending on where you are it is just shipping.

Damn that TV is up high. So high. High-af.

Yes. The tv wonā€™t fit it the cabinet & the cabinet is so heavy I decided to not bother moving it out. However those Borea BR02, dependent on the audio from the program that is on the tv, will ofter an excellent center image, even sitting to the side. My seat is in fact directly in line with the front of the right speaker. My girlfriendā€™s seat is on the left. There is a large ottoman between us.
In any case, with well recorded stuff, even on the side like this, it sounds pretty damn good & the voices sound like theyā€™re coming from the center of the screen.

1 Like