šŸ”¶ Harmonicdyne Zeus - God of Thunder?

lolā€¦ yea it was too innovated for my taste :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Wow. QC must have been on break when yours went down the line.

Mine came in last week and I never looked that closely at them until I saw your photo. Upon close inspection, my drivers are positioned correctly.

1 Like

Ah yes, the friday afternoon production. Reminds me of that HiFi Man with two left ear cups.

@Jordonater1992 Check out the Z Review on this one and see if itā€™s something youā€™d be interested in.

Iā€™m not good with all the technical words for describing the sound of headphones or speakers, but all I can say is that I like them. The bass response is good, not too little and not too much, just right for balanced listening. The treble is not ear piercing which is nice for me. The mids donā€™t seem too muddy and are clear enough to me.

Theyā€™re not the lightest headphone, but theyā€™re not the heaviest either. My lightweight headphones are the HD 650ā€™s and my heaviest ones are the BLON B20ā€™s. These Zeus are in-between them I think. Perhaps slightly heavier than the DT 880ā€™s.

2 Likes

my only concern is the price tag on itā€¦ helios was niceā€¦ but it had some issuesā€¦ this is practically just a refined helios looking at the sound characteristics yet more than double itā€™s price tag considered used market valueā€¦ while its the exact same build as helios which is quite a bit cheapā€¦ I donā€™t really think a refined driver tuning and a fancy case is worth double+ the price. Just my two cents but I havenā€™t sat with it yet to say for certain.

1 Like

Im sorry to keep asking questions but if you listen to a poor recording does it still sound listenable or is it awful. Thats something I liked about nighthawk carbon and ive noticed all other headphones ive tried dont have the hump that both the nighthawk and the Zeus have so maybe that is what im am missing.

You have to remember that HIFi man release headphones with worse build than these even at $1000 price points so id say the price is quite reasonable.

Thatā€™s difficult for me to say. The worst recordings I listen to would be compressed YouTube. All of my other music is CD quality or better.

But I can hear the compression in YouTube with these, but I can usually hear it on any other headphone too.

1 Like

Oh right thanks. To be honest when I listen properly to things then its always at least 320KBPS mp3 or higher too. I was talking more about the actual production quality of the song itself.

Wait. I take back what I said. I just remembered that I have an album by Tool that I ripped from YouTube which will be the worst recording I have.

This was their demo cassette tape from 1991 in which someone uploaded to YT. So, itā€™s an old cassette, probably played a lot, then recorded to a computer, remastered a bit and then uploaded to YT.

This was the only medium this album, or demo, was ever made on and to buy it today can be upwards of $1500 - if you can find a copy.

So, I just put that album on right now to give it a listen.

1 Like

I could go to Metallicaā€™s ā€˜Hardwired to Self-Destructā€™ album. Some people tell me that this one wasnā€™t mastered very well.

1 Like

You dont need to do that. You have helped me more than enough and i dont want to waste any more of your time. Thanks very much

Itā€™s no bother. Iā€™m listening right now and have everything I need at my finger tips.

Listening to Lordā€™s of Summer atm. Seems fine to me.

I can swap stuff around in my chain if you like. I have a Schiit Jotunheim with the multi-bit DAC in front of me as well. I also have the Emotiva BasX A100, a Darkvoice 336, a Geshelli Labs Jnog and Erish all right here.

Anything you want man. Iā€™m just sitting here relaxing.

1 Like

Thats nice gear. You know i think i may buy these since the sound seems to be the signature i may be looking for. Howā€™s the comfort on the headband does it cause a pressure point?

Comfort is very good to me. I think I spent 5 or 6 hours straight with them on and barely noticed them. I shave my head so there is no hair for extra padding and comfort is important to me. With some of my other headphones, I can only wear them for so long, or I end up lifting and adjusting the position slightly every now and then. With these that is not much of an issue usually. I think that has to do with clamping pressure. These clamp on the sides very well and hold them in place.

If you buy them, I hope you like them! This hobby is just by its nature so subjective and what I like and describe may not translate to someone else. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I hope i do to lol but thanks again. Im gonna go now in the UK its 12:45pm

1 Like

So, how so these compare soundwise to the Helios? Do they share the same sound signature?

One more review. Now I want to try these for gaming. Good I donā€™t have Cyberpunk 2077 lol

3 Likes

I wanna try these outā€¦ anybody know is this headphone good when paired with dx7 pro?

I really want to try these. They would be my first real headphones. I had some Audio Technica ATH-M50x before, and now I want to go with something with a bit more oomph. Iā€™m thinking of ordering the atom stack, and either that or the 6xx. I have a lot of thinking to do I think :stuck_out_tongue: