šŸ”¶ Harmonicdyne Zeus - God of Thunder?

Do these. I promise your world will change.

8 Likes

So, after watching zeos review, i almost was tempted to buy these, but then i thought:ā€œMan, this was a zeos review. He always likes the headphones and makes you buy them. Remeber how disappointed you was after purchasing stock t50rp or the phoenix.ā€

So, i stayed strongā€¦ Until i saw DMS yesterdayā€¦LOL

I bought them, but amazon says, iā€™ll get them end of February.

I am curious how they compare against my sundaras, nighthawks and fidelio x2. Also my experiences with the phoenix, the tygr and the M1070 are ather fresh.

Does anybody know, how these compare against dt 1990 pros?

4 Likes

Dude u didnā€™t have to open the headphones u should just flip them and rotate them 180 degrees this is not a qc problem but i am actually not sure can u try that? and let me know the results

I have no idea but would be interested to see a direct comparison to sundaras and TYGR from beyer

That would not change anything. The ā€œmisrotationā€ is in the one axis you canā€™t easily rotate.

Correct. Because the pure existance of QC would have caught this.

1 Like

@MazeFrame is correct. Changing the rotation does not fix this issue.

So the Zeus uses a berrylium coated driver right? Thatā€™s unlike the focal utopia where it is pure berrylium DD.

seeing the signatureā€¦ hearing the reviewsā€¦ very very tempted to order thisā€¦ plus I keep getting asked about it from fellow gamers

lol.

3 Likes

maybe when I am not tired, just got home so not a good time to make such decisions lmao

2 Likes

Amazon says that my Zeus was shipped today, but at same time that it will arrive on 24th of February. I am a little confused about that. I donā€™t think that the shipping from Hongkong to Germany will take so long

1 Like

Ocean freight is 40 to 60 days.

3 Likes

Iā€™m waiting on more impressions on this set but linsoul has them for 315. I was going to get those discounted gift cards from them on top of the sale they have going on the Zeus but was too late. Probably going to wait for the next big sale hoping for gift cards on top of a discount.

1 Like

Finally. The custom acid purple Hart Audio cables I ordered last month arrived today. I feel like I can now settle down with the Zeus and give them some proper listening and enjoyment time. The stock cable is so stiff that it can almost stand up on itā€™s own and I hate it. Thankfully itā€™s detachable, otherwise I never would buy these strictly for that reason alone.

Also, the acid purple XLR patch cables came as well for the purple Jnog and the blue/black Erish. I really like the metallic speckles in the paint on both units.

7 Likes

I might do the same, just wait it outā€¦ I know better than to hop on that hype trainā€¦ did this with helios and while decentā€¦ definitely didnā€™t stay in my collection. like nobody has these right now, I assume it will pop up on ebay or something soon enoughā€¦ I hate linsouls return policies(they will charge you 35% restock fee if you want to send the headphone back to them) as itā€™s quite awful and theres no reason to even use that outside of defective products. Less someone contacts me to send me a copy of the Zeus I am more than happy to sit with the headphone at that point

1 Like

Looking spiffy AF!

1 Like

Iā€™ve only recently started looking for used helios and they get snatched up pretty fast at some good prices so can only hope to see some used pairs of the Zeus. Hoping used pairs do start showing up.

Wow that 35% restock fee! I hope someone does send you a pair, would like to hear your impressions.

donā€™t forget your also expected to ship it back to them which is international shippingā€¦ so you have to pay for customs and everything going back to china. Thatā€™s why I waited to get the helios through a 3rd party because thatā€™s just insane.

Been reaching out to a few to see if someone would be willing to throw me a loaner for about a week or two that I can just send back to them.

they should, itā€™s signature definitely wonā€™t fit with everyoneā€¦ looking at the FR it has a rather harsh peak to it which can definitely throw those who have treble issues off. pretty much anything eventually goes on used marketsā€¦ I just hope I get to sit with one soon

1 Like

The return shipping is enough to keep me away. I have had some cables from them fail on arrival and havenā€™t had an issue with a refund but with the much bigger ticket price on the Zeus, Iā€™d be worried with having to send it back for any reason.

thatā€™s likeā€¦ $150 for restocks and like another $80 or more for the shipping depending on location. As such, absolute hard skip from me till further notice

My first experience with a new helios was a poor oneā€¦ bad build quality, the headbands top foam was peeling off, screws werenā€™t installed correctly and slightly crooked, had a slight wiring issue. Itā€™s Chi-Fi so smart to be a bit wary if you ask meā€¦ especially considering looking at Hifiman and their own issues as a Chi-Fi. I found out later on that the driver on the first copy wasnā€™t even sounding right so I had to rewrite my thoughts on the Helios initially, my thoughts were potentially the crooked screws got into the driver or something

1 Like