HD 600 or Sendy Aiva

not much Ive had to compare, but I’ve had it for awhile and it sounds pretty balanced or uncolored yes

The Hifiman Sundara is a great headphone for 350$ 50$ more than the HD600. its a Planar. i think its a better headphone. good mids.

Also you might want to consider the Monoprice M570. Its 300$ and is a clone of the Aiva. very close in sound but a little under the quality of the Aiva.

Ive had hifiman he 500’s also not a fan of monoprice and I want something a little more premium.

Right now the hd 600’s look like the best of all, ill just have to deal with the lower end of it

Kk, let us know what you think of it.

1 Like

Do you really need to get rid of one? They are both really different headphones. I haven’t heard either, but I have really enjoyed the Sennheisers I’ve had/owned in the past. People also don’t shutup about how amazing the 600 is off a tube amp, something to maybe look into in the future.

So now I’m back between focal elex or sendy aivas…

Focal Elex has my vote. not sure about mastering, what do you think Mon? Elex or Aiva for mastering and gaming?

Elex is the all-rounder if that matters. I’ve been using a Sendy driver type for months so it has been my preference for gaming over the Elex. I’m just used the spatial queues and soundstage, that is a me thing.

I find both comfortable as well.

any weight issues for you?

Mastering? I haven’t looked at this thread yet but for those use cases the 1990 pro sounds like a better option. I think it performs better in games and has a more studio focused signature, but for music the elex is my pick. I can get a master done on the elex but I might take the 1990 more times, but both are more mixing than mastering

After you get used to them, I don’t think the weight is really an issue. I’ve had heavier.

I can see the 1990 being a good choice. If those are the 2 use cases, games/mastering I’d consider the Elex/DT1990 over the Sendy.

1990 over 600’s for mastering? My plan atm is to buy either elex or sendy and then get 600s later I think.

Ahh, well I think in that range the r70x might be my pick for mastering. What are you working on?

1 Like

It’ll mostly be small live projects with a pretty minimal setup, but maybe some bigger setups later.

I’m not a huge fan of beyerdynamics comfort or how it fits on my head

What amp are you planning to be using?

I have a NFB-11

R70x is basically a better HD600. I second it.