HD 600 or Sendy Aiva

That looks like a nice headphone. and Audio Technica is a good brand. Only 350$ bill. :+1:

1 Like

r70x over 600’s seems like a huge step

1 Like

Yeah, they basically have better extension than the HD600. You can find them new on Amazon for $300 usually, practically same price as HD600.
Audio-Technica basically took the HD600 and went, “we can do better”.

Yeah it’s essentially better extended with more soundstage, work very well for mixing and mastering imo

O shit I took too long you beat me to it

So for music though, everyone is agreed on elex? over sendy?

I personally would. You can master with the elex for the time being just fine though, you just have to compensate with some eq. I tend to use a rotation of headphones for mastering (along with speakers of course)

1 Like

I own both. The Elex destroys the Aiva. The Elex is one of the finest headphones you can buy today. The Aiva is bass light and is heavy on the higher frequencies. I’m treble sensitive and the Aiva will give me a headache in an hour.

The issue with the 600 for mixing is its lack of extension. It’s one of the best headphones for midrange timber / vocals.

1 Like

How is the comfort on the Elex? clamp pressure, headband, etc?

Which is why the R70x is the choice for mixing and mastering over the HD600, better extension and soundstage. :wink:

It’s near perfect. The Focal build and design is also near perfect for me. I listen to the Elegia all day at work with no issues. Don’t pad swap a Focal tho.

2 Likes

Yeah I really like the elex, and also as a sendy owner I can say that I would pick the elex 9/10 times over the sendy. Also use a clear in the mastering rotation and can highly recommend (although I use other headphones too)

2 Likes

To me the Elex is the safest and the all-rounder. I would say I prefer it for music. I just don’t use it as much as I should. If had to keep only 1, I’d choose the Elex.

There will probably be a dozen Sendy clones at this rate so it’s not like it is that “premium” anymore.

1 Like

But Bill seems tentative about the R70x :slightly_frowning_face:

Welp, Elex will be here in 2 days.

3 Likes

Well, hope you like it :+1:

1 Like

Hope you enjoy it!

1 Like

Kk, let us know what you think of it

1 Like

Congratulations! It’s a fantastic headphone.

2 Likes

I dont know how people can say the Aiva doesnt have bass, a lot of people said the X2 was a bass canon but to my ears the Aiva has a lot more and better bass than the X2. I know you cant compare them as Headphones but im just talking about Bass and the Aiva has plenty Bass to my ears

Are you taking bass or subbass?