HD600 + O2 Amp, lackluster for gaming?

Also an option, the o2 should be fine for the time being

I really really didn’t want to upgrade my O2, that’ll get costs out of hand :sweat_smile:

• DT 990 Pro 250ohms ~85€
  • DT 990 Premium 600ohms ~110€
  • DT 880 250ohms ~115€
  • DT 880 600ohms ~125€

Those are the options I have atm, they’re all from Amazon Warehouse :stuck_out_tongue:

Would avoid the 5.1 or 7.1 headphones. They are mostly memes.

Most modern games have the option to set sound to headphones, so all the fancy processing happens in the engine and then gives your sound device quality left and right channel audio.

I fell for the 5.1 a long time ago (Roccat Kave). The thing was heavy and apart from very rumbly base, did not bring much to the table.

1 Like

Can you see my reply below please?

My bad, I had stuff to get done. So imo the best headphone out of the bunch is the 880 600 ohm, and I think it would be worth it if in the future you would consider an amp upgrade. If not, then I think the 990 250 ohm would be my pick

1 Like

Used magni’s be cheap. Just saying :slightly_smiling_face:

MY DT990 just arrived.
I bought an amazon warehouse unit that was cheap.
The cans itself are spotless, pristine. But I’m missing some papers, carrying bag, the 6.3mm adapter and probably something else.

Not an issue for me, they were cheap :smiley:
They’re super comfortable, I think even more than my HD600s

1 Like

Curious to see what you think :+1:

Only decided to reply now so I had time to get used to them.
Almost 2 weeks have passed and I have to say the comfort is even better than the HD600s I had.
They’re round which I thought would be worse than oval but it’s great, i’m stoked.

Sound quality wise: since I only game atm, I’m almost sure I can hear footsteps and sounds more precisely than my HD600s. I didn’t notice an immediate difference, but then I started to being able to pinpoint more accurately and precisely.

These were a great purchase, thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Nice, glad it worked out for you