HD660s vs Sendy Aiva?

imaging is a different story imaging depends a lot on the driver and how it’s tuned and angled as well. but the biggest thing in games is not actually the headphone but the games themselves a good sound enghine can make or break ahow good the game sounds more than virtual suround sounds or the headphones. good examples of good sound enghines are overwatcha nd rainbow six siege and a good example of a bad one would be apex and fortnite especiually with virtical sounds. good imaging on a headphone ensures that it can accurately take the sound the sound engine is giving it and accurately placing it on the sound scape the headphone is presenting you.

Also games like battlefield have great sound as well. Triple a games are starting to put a fair bit more care into their sound now

1 Like

Well i can only hear if noises are coming from the left or right channel when im playing seige on the m50x which is one of the reasons i considered upgrading

thats mostlikely due to the sever lack of soundstage giving the headphone no room to place sounds except for directly in your ear.

Haven’t heard either but I own the M50x and I fear the tuning of both the 660’s and the Sendy’s could be a big shock, at least for music listening use. And with no return policy you don’t want a big shock that’s a bad shock.

The M50x for all its brashness is closer to Harman than most headphones. The 660 S apparently has much less elevation in the upper mids and of course in the lower bass. Sound stage is a wonderful thing, but if the tuning doesn’t appeal…

Unless TMS already knows what he’s getting into in that regard it might be a good idea to make some attempt to describe the frequency response of the 660’s and the Sendy’s relative to the M50x.

What is the difference between the HD58X and the HD660s? Zeo says they’re almost exactly the same but with $300+ price gap… should i even bother with the HD660S then?

It depends on your budget imo. If you really don’t want to spend and get like 85% the way there, the 58x has great bang for buck. The 660s has better detail and is a bit more refined, but they do have similar sound signatures. Also imo the 660s is a bit more amp dependent.

By amp dependent you mean it sounds radically different with every amp?

M0N, have you listened to the 660S V2? I’m just curious with the wording of the “New improved transducer design” for the V2’s, that it opens up the possibility that it could share a 58X driver.

Not really radically different, as the 660 and 58x are fairly easy to drive and run on most gear, but the 660 is ever so slightly more sensitive. Not really something to worry about, my bad for the confusion

It’s just the headband and the fact that it’s being made elsewhere imo. I’m sure something changed in the driver but I’m sure its nothing that affected the sound. I would say that if you heard a difference it would just be batch variety differences then intentional changes

The official sennheiser post does not note at any sonic differences

1 Like

There is a V2 now?? Is that the reason there is a 400€ model and a 500€ model on amazon.de?

There is not a sonic difference, so just go for the cheaper model

So i just discovered the DT1990… What now? Zeos seems to praise them a lot but which would do better in gaming and music?

So just now the 660s went out of stock on amazon.de and the 1990 is 440€ which makes it a very compelling deal tbh. However one of my friends managed to get himself a 600s so im going to wait till i test it out with him first before making any decisions.

Personally I think the 1990s are higher preforming for gaming. The 1990 vs 660 depends on preference. The 1990 is more studio neutral with a brighter sound but still has great bass and mid-range, and is very detailed. The 660 is more warm in that regard but still has good detail. Comfort and build on both is great.

A 600 is not really like a 660 imo, so just take that into account

Sorry i meant he got a 660s. So basically the dt1990 is better? Well i need to test out the 660s first before i can decide anyway so imma keep an eye out if a store here has a 1990 for me to test out.

It more comes down to preference. I do think the 1990 is more impressive technicality wise, but I do think some may prefer the 660s for sure. It really depends what type of sound you like