He 4xx dropped to $130 for some reason

Been wanting them for a while so I got a pair.
https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-hifiman-he4xx-planar-magnetic-headphones

2 Likes

What would be a better value? These or one of the Fostex Mk3?

imo these mk3’s areonly good when modded so you would be dropping more cash. and you can get an addiotiona $20 off if you are using anew massdrop account

1 Like

I would say these for sure, as I think the fostex really need some modding to get to the level of these

1 Like

Wow, I might have to save up for these then… Ah so many options! :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s worth it lol, great headphones for a great price

1 Like

and remember if our a first time buyer you get a $20 voucher

2 Likes

Reading this with T50RP MK3s + Shure 840 pads on my head, that’s the only mod I need, personally. But T50RPs are closed, hard-hitting, analytical, neutral(-ish). These HE-4XXs are open-backs and apparently have a really wide soundstage. Sounds fun – especially for 110$.

1 Like

You know you want to

1 Like

@Marzipan now is your chance too.

1 Like

4xx’s for everyone lol

1 Like

ok so apparently they dropped due to over stock

1 Like

I’ll pass…I was thinking 130$! But they have so many qc issues and bad reviews. I got the 400i that’s sounds like them, and they don’t have a sound that I’m looking for. I could use them as a outside planar (cause I’m one those types that don’t care about wearing large open backs outside lol) but I’ll sit this one out.

1 Like

Makes sense, they sound very close to each other so there’s no reason to get the 4xx

1 Like

Yep, that’s been the bottomline with those two from the git go.

My audiophile alarm went off for a second. I have calmed down, gained composure and will continue to wait for the m1070’s and erupts that I’ll be picking probably soon. And by the way the 6xx is sounding, I think I’ll be keeping them.

Liking them more? I feel they are something some people have to grow into sometimes

1 Like

That’s a common thing with them, it takes time to get into them. I’m switching to them less wondering if they better now, and just switching to enjoy them, I’m getting exactly the sound that I want from them.

I know a fair amount of people who sold off their other headphones for the 650 because they enjoyed it so much and swear by them. Also they are fairly popular for studio work as well, I know a few people who use them for mixing and mastering

1 Like

w00t! now that the pricing is on their regular store as well, I just ordered them…to replace my missing one’s. :smiley: