He 4xx dropped to $130 for some reason

I have the mk3 and I’m gonna sell them. Too much distortion for me. I think the amount of distortion they have is unacceptable!..when converted into argons or any other kind of mod it’s still a complaint. The 4xx has qc issues and I Don’t need it since it sounds just like my 400i.

1 Like

So many headphones have been abandoned because of the dreaded ways and wickedness of the hd6xx… it’s madness I tell you! Madness!

There’s a reason people treat them as their reference lol

2 Likes

IU guess my ears are broken cause I much prefer the 58x or the dt 880 which compete in the same price bracket

1 Like

I have seen more qc issue s withtthe 400i than the 4xx, like snapping headbands as well as dying drivers

58x sounds similar to the my 6xx and even more to the hd660s, especially if you take out what you’re suppose to, to make them open up. Now if that went down to 130 I would snatch that up with the quickness!

The new 400i has the fixed headband, so that’s no longer an issue

I feel the 4xx, 58x, and 880 are all about equal with different sound signatures for different people

1 Like

Yeah…the 58x would be a good choice. DMS praised the dt880 250 ohm and now it’s on alot of people’s radars, it’s kind of a possible choice for me too. What kind of sound are you looking for?

I bought my 400i as a last resort cheap planar. Nothing went wrong thank goodness.

Another reason I sort of treat my HD6XX as my personal reference is it was the first really high-end headphone I bought, so it’s the headphone I own that I know the best.

I feel that I do the same thing with my k240’s not super high end but the headphone that got me in the hobby and I’m most familiar with

Mine finally shipped, 3 business days later. Suppose to arrive Monday

mine has to go through canadian customs so it will take a bit to me even though ti shipped 2 days ago

Wish they make a 5XX

There is the he5se which can be found for around 300 USD sometimes

Yeah. I’m just hoping the reason for the price drop is that they have a new product at $200-250 range, and I’d love them to be based of HE5 series.

Speaking of HE5SE, apparently Adorama is selling them used at US$209! Are these worth getting? Can they compete against newer Chi-fis like Phantoms and Aiva/B20s?

It depends on what amp you have as they are pretty amp dependant and what aspects you want to compete with

I’ve got the 789 and A-100. Not looking for any particular point, was just wondering if there are things these can do equally good or even better than the new Chi-fis?