Headphone Stands

I think I’ll check out the walnut wood one, thanks!

1 Like

I thought the ZMF stands look real pretty, but pretty pricey at $99.99.

3 Likes

I bought a Salire stand when I ordered a Verite and Aeolus just to feel fancy. I’ll see if I feel that way when they arrive. Another not cheap, but cool looking stand:

https://grovemade.com/wood-headphone-stand/

3 Likes

The moment they have a darker brown wood as an option for the Salire, I’m totally getting one. Until then, it’d just be too distracting ^^

1 Like

Using a caribou antler We found years ago in Northern Canada for my home rack.

8 Likes

Options coming soon:

Bocote and Karatox look great

1 Like

Great deal you got there! That’s a fantastic headphone stand for only one buck!

3 Likes

What wood option do you think this is? It looks like cherry sort of, but darker than any other picture I’ve seen of it (is it possible it’s aged and cherry does this?) If I could get one that looked like that I’d buy it immediately. Maybe I could ask them if they have darker cherry wood they could use or have one in stock. :thinking:

3 Likes

Maybe that’s the bocote? If not, and it’s the cherry, he may be willing to give it a darker stain. Or you can ask for one with a darker stain and he would possibly do that for you when he makes his next batch. On my preorder list one of the other customers has a request to be notified of the new batch of Salires.

1 Like

I just sent them a message asking them if they had one like it or could do a similar stain to one. Hoping for the best. I think the katalox looks really eyecatching and cool, but I want something that is both eyecatching and blends in, if that makes any sense. ^^

1 Like

Makes sense to me. Spending $100+ on a headphone stand was tough to swallow until I was able to justify to myself that it fit 2 headphones. Cuts the price in half if you think of it that way…

Edit: that’s how I’m justifying it to myself anyway

2 Likes

I still think spending 100+ on a headphone stand is too much lol

I’m currently using 2 of these: https://www.amazon.com/EletecPro-Headphone-Universal-Aluminum-earphone/dp/B07KH8TDM5/
And although they look ok, they are too light, and can fall over or move when placing a headphone on or taking one off even if I’m being extra careful. So I want something that is weighty, doesn’t take up much space, and looks good. It’s probably the most interesting looking headphone stand I’ve seen so far, and since it can hold 2 headphones at a time, I don’t have to buy 2 of something that’ll take up more space. Seems justifiable to me, but I can understand that for some people multiple banana hangers is fine, but I don’t want a banana hanger, I want wood damnit! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just using a ton of rubbermaid fasttrak rails and they work great

Or headphones are just randomly spread around the house where they will fit next to an amp lol

1 Like

I mean, I could randomly spread my headphones around the house, but I don’t have the same amount of dacs and amps to spread around with them.

The fasttrack system seems like a good idea for storage and display of headphones. I just don’t have enough headphones for that. Who knows what the future will bring :slight_smile:

I got a reply from Zach. Apparently that was a walnut prototype (no wonder I liked it >_>), but they ended up going with cherry instead. He did say they had katalox salires without the white sap part though so if I wanted a dark brown that was an option I could leave a note for. I’ll just have to think about it. I hope at some point they revisit wood choices and walnut becomes a thing, can’t be the only one who would get one.

2 Likes

Decided to just get 2 of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TH8XWM5 instead of trying to find a headphone stand that works aesthetically for me. One for the side of my desk for my pc37x and one on the front just to the right of me for the aeolus. I might not be displaying the headphones on top of my desk, but it’ll save space and money. I can then put cute figures and shit in their place. Win win, I guess.

2 Likes

Found this:

1 Like

have 2 thick birch tree trunks with 4m lenght in the house lying around… and dry out since last winter
from a friends forest - no trees were stolen

will finish(treat with varnish, cause they loose bark with every touch) them in the holidays and hang both between 2 shelves over each other in our home office
this could look strange cause the pink walls in the room, but who cares - I love birch trees

most hf stands are not rounded like the head form - not supportive or not high enough and the mounted cables get to close to the table/sideboard they stand on - so I prefer putting my headphones away in a closed shelf, to protect them from dog hair and dust

one bought a rounded wood hf stand similar to the one AUDave uses for his hf - it was not high enough

what I have to test out is ROOM´s audio hf stands - top build(germany) and a nice mix between classic wood in many options and modern “features” like adjustable height(260-300 mm) and the choice between different radius 68 or 76mm with the “pro” models - if I find one used under 100… with 76mm radius and a nice wood with adjustable height …

my 1990s stay in the original case in a box between listening chair and sofa in the living room
the Elegia is in its case for transport to the office and in the evening the case gets opened up on a sideboard near the sofa
the 660s is in his box since months
the 58x hangs from a adjustable office light on the table in the home office for my wife and connected to the DAC/Amp
the 770 is on a side-clamp-stand-thing with rounded top on the right side of the table - if she needs isolation
the old K701 is in a open box in a closed shelf in the home office
the Kingston Hyper X Cloud has such a gaming rounded top hf stand with cable management on the bottom and is placed behind one of the monitors but lives in a closed shelf in the sideboard near the sofa - if I need quick acces for strong isolating closed backs
the Marshall MID BT(my wifes) is near the bed on my side in a small box
the Sennheiser RS 175 has it´s own stand to charge and gets no use

1 Like

this looks good enough- with another sticker maybe? - should do the job for smaller cans
147 x 145 x 250 mm and 700 gramm made out of steel

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B079QQ9G5H/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1