Headphone suggestions up to $200

The studios have a higher impedance, and would be a bit harder to drive then the other two, as I believe he’ll probably be using his phone. Thinking about that now, don’t know how much difference many headphones will be in a case like that…

Typically it depends on the sensitivity, but I think you can get away with running a fair amount of headphones off of a phone

Agreed, though I was more meaning sound quality by how much of a difference it will make… And even that can depend on the phone. Either way, that’s digging down a whole rabbit hole.

1 Like

Holy shit league your right the COPP’s are 16 ohm I thought why were 80 ohm. That’s the lowest Impedance I’ve seen on a Beyer.

The Custom Game are also 16 oHm, but are more expensive, and come with the mic

The issue with putting a mic directly on it is if the mic is not it’s own circuit you start to limit your options for an dac in the future. It since it is 16 ohm I wouldn’t even consider a amp/dac

Oluv’s Gadgets has compared the two, Metal571 has reviewed the K371 and is promising a K361 review plus comparison soon. Both are on YouTube.

(Deleted FR graph)

From what’s been stated, this is the list that has been reccomended(will update if things change)

I mean 58x and k371 all the way for me, but the custom one can be pretty appealing. The m40x is nice but imo the k371 is what I prefer

This is one place I really do agree with Zeos. I tend to ignore frequency response graphs, as they don’t tell the whole story. They show me what a tuned machine can detect, not what I’m going to hear.
I’ve also been well aware that AKG has been a branch of Harmon(since '94) since I bought my K550 mkIII, and that Harman has been acquired by Samsung.
I don’t watch every reviewer for various reasons. I either don’t like their style, don’t agree with them, or I can’t focus and pay attention to their shit. I like watching Z’s videos cause I find them entertaining and I agree with his style the most. I’ve found myself watching Joshua Valour less due to disagreeing with what he was finding. DMS I’m having to slowly let grow on me, but I didn’t care for his style too much at first. Metal571 I can’t pay attention, they’re boring and lifeless.

1 Like

if you can afford it i would stay away from the m40 its a tep below everthing else on the listbut yeah for closed neutrall all rounder the akg has my vte, for v shaped the COP’s are choice although I dont think sounds as good as a 770 but those have attached cables also 250 ohm for the best model, but for open back all rounder the 58x are deff the way to go.

I have no idea what the FRG readings are of my fav can’s or iem’s, not too worried about balanced, I don’t eq either…I just enjoy the differently tuned headphone and iem sound signatures that I have when I’m listening to my varied music library.

2 Likes

You can try “Plantronics BackBeat Pro” or “Audio Technica M40X2” both are well-built headphones.

Where are you finding these?

He has started asking about the Sennheiser PXC 550 cause they are on sale. Anyone has any experience with them?
https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PXC-550-Wireless-Cancelling/dp/B01E3XLNA0/ref=asc_df_B01E3XLNA0/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198091640568&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2588961421852061543&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9002805&hvtargid=pla-384194002998&psc=1

they are jpretty good but I do prefer the b and o h7 over them and if I stretch the budget a bit the sony’ are about th eprice and I prefer those over the other 2

If we’re sticking to the $200 budget, the B&O H7 and Sony WH1000MX3 are going over budget… The Sony’s more then the B&O’s, but still…

oh didnt noticethey were on sale sorry for that price they are decent but definitely not the greatest you can get for your money unless you need bluetooth

1 Like

A fixed budget? Never heard of such a thing lol

I actually am trying to formulate a response that doesn’t come out as being a complete ass for making fun of people who don’t buy expensive headphones, or my family who refuses to pay more then $20 for a pair, and would rather pick a pair up at Dollar Tree.