Headphone suggestions up to $200

Perhaps compare it to a hobby they enjoy. Find something they spend more for and compare then. It will come off as less pushy and might allow them to make better comparisons

My mother is deadset on the fact that itā€™s not worth it. Hell, sheā€™s one of the places Iā€™ve got my stubbornness from. My father Iā€™ve compared it to his watch collection. My step-dadā€¦ If itā€™s not his idea, itā€™s a bad one. If itā€™s not something for him to enjoy, he doesnā€™t care (sold my first car so he could buy a new stereo in his truck). Otherwise, itā€™s sit people down and show them by having them listen to the differences.

thats what I do. but I like to immerse myself in researching hobbies and never buying anything just so I can pull shit out of my ass whne they judge em for it but most people who have Item based or collection based hobbies get it and dont judge others for it.

1 Like

Hmm, perhaps try to make them think itā€™s their own idea. Or instead get them some ksc75ā€™s or kph30i and see what they think. Thatā€™s reasonably cheap enough that it might make sense in their mind. Just go by baby steps, donā€™t really rush anything

I find that will probably re affirm their biases by going ā€œif it sounds this good at $15 why do you need to spend $200?ā€

1 Like

If you want a wireless Bluetooth headphone the previous generation Sennheiser Momentum Wireless headphones are frequently discounted to 200 usd now that the refresh has arrived.

Somewhat, but you are playing the long game there. Once they hear good sound, then have them try a good pair and they might get it more. People who arenā€™t really into this hobby cannot sometimes understand or appreciate good sound, but once they get acclimated, its gets easier for them to understand

Eh, worth a shot. See if I can use my KSC75X to bypass their house rule of one side only (aka, forced mono, or you miss out on half the fucking song) when I go down for Christmas.

Itā€™s probably more effective to take them to an audio shop slap a focal clear or something to their heads a d pop on one of their favorite songs and if they get it they get it if they donā€™t itā€™s going to be a long game

Iā€™m not looking for me.

Well that would work too, but I think that would reaffirm that itā€™s too pricey for them and not worth it. Also sometimes you can still risk the meh response that way

1 Like

But my family donā€™t really vocalize their displeasure for my hobbies anymore now that Iā€™m older have a car pay for my own crap

Yeah, but for blujay it doesnā€™t seem thatā€™s the case. My own mom still gets a bit irritated with it, but everyone else in my family is addicted lol

Well regardless if they have a firm stance on anything one or the other method could work but it could be one of those situations where itā€™s not worth the trouble and you can leave them in their ignorance. I get judges a lot though by my friends but each of them have their own things but somehow donā€™t get my specific hobby.

True, sometimes ignorance is bliss lol. I guess it could be one of those gift them some blons or t2ā€™s and then be done with it (or the ksc75)

1 Like

Yep. I get different treatment then my siblings do. They do something stupid, and itā€™s shrugged off. I barely pass a certification test, and my head goes on a pike for not doing better. Sister buys a crap load of anime shit, supported. I buy a $200 pair of headphones on a half off sale, ā€œWhat where you thinking?!?!?!?ā€ Younger brother starts drinking alcohol? Oh well. I order a pot of tea at a Chinese restaurant, and all hell breaks loose.
Welcome to my world!

1 Like

Now you have crossed the line. I cannot fathom a greater offense than this.

Thatā€™s tea at a Chinese restaurant. Sake at a ramen house? Now weā€™re at a whole new level of shit storm.

Pretty sure you are violating something equivalent to the geneva convention with that one.

On a side note, never had sake (or most alcohol for that matter)

As a week not my favorite. Had some stuff considered good or high end sake too. Not my first or hell 6th choice but 6 drinks in sake doesnā€™t sound too bad