Help for Audio for Competitive Gaming

Personally the liquid spark because of the extra power and the slightly warmer signature that would benefit the aiva imo

As always thanx MON, your the man

what do you think about the Schiit Hel ?
or Topping D10 combined with a JDS Labs Atom

The topping and the atom is great imo, pretty sweet. I think the schiit hel is alright, but if you wanted mic support, I think you would instead want to get a focusrite Scarlett solo and a jds labs atom

i saw many review saying that the DT1990 isn’t that good and is okay, example, saying it doesn t have that large soundstage

I would be weary of no theme reviews based on what he has said. I would check out other sources as well, as most sources I have seen wouldn’t agree with this

So finally i decided :
Amp : MAGNI HERESY
Dac : MODI 3
Headphone (open-back, excellent soundstage, imaging accuracy, precision, used for competitive gaming too) DT1990 PRO
i am not sure 100% about the headphone yet

I personally have not heard the DT 1990… but I agree with M0N on No Them Reviews.

I’d give them very little weight. He really likes to push Ollo Audio headphones. which if you spend any time looking into them their marketing, measurements, and build quality are questionable to say the least… Not to mention his diatribe rants against other reviewers… the guy is too much.

Joshua Valour
Resolve Reviews
Bert
Metal571 (Though he just quit video reviews)
DMS
Zeos

even Oluv… (okay maybe not him as much… his reasoning is a bit odd)

Just anybody else… really.

1 Like

Hey there, I’m looking for some great closed-back imaging gaming headphones under $150 with extras. I want to pin point players with exactly where they are while also being able to enjoy some more bassy music. I’ve been playing alot of rainbow six siege lately and will get into some newer things soon. Thanks!

Do you have a headphone amp?

Audio Technica ATH-M40X pad swapped, Beyerdynamic DT 770 250ohm, Beyerdynamic Custom Studio or CoolerMaster MH751.
For most of them you dont need an amp/dac but for the DT 770 you will as the 250ohm sound better

Whats that gaming/audiophile Baers Z was freaking out about. M300 MKII?

Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Ah yes those ones. Still think the DT1990 will be better for competitive gaming like MON said. Its just nice that thats allready an all in one with the mic and everything

No I do not have an amp/dac, I just want to plug and play

Hmm, I think the 58x or ad700x would be up your alley imo. The 700x is very accurate for imaging and soundstage, and has a brighter signature which is very good for games. The downside is that it doesn’t work well for all music especially bass heavy. The 58x is still accurate with imaging, but it’s warmer and would better compliment what you want. I don’t feel they need an amp either, which works well for you

Hey there, I’m looking for some great closed-back imaging gaming headphones under $150 with extras including amp/dac, pad swap, or cables, etc. I currently do not have an amp or dac. I want to pin point players with exactly where they are while also being able to enjoy some more bassy music. I’ve been playing alot of rainbow six siege lately and will get into some newer things soon. Thanks! I have had some recommendations like dt770 pro, mh751/2, and ATH M40X. Are any of those superior for closed back or not really? Hopefully y’all can help🤞

The 770 pro 80ohm is a pretty great closes back for your use case imo. Pretty good for a closed back for gaming

1 Like

+1 for the 770 may e copps if you can find them

Best closed headphones for gaming and some more bassy music under $150 including mods(pad swaps, etc.) w/o amp/dac
Dt 770 80ohm $130
ATH M40x $100
MH751/2 $80
Sivga 006 $95
Monoprice Retro $30
WS1100i $135