Help me choose the best iem under 600$ for fast metal genre

Lombardo is far from good drummers. KL is for metal, 07m is not. That’s it! :wink:

By the way, Slayer are musical cripples

1 Like

That crazy how we all have such unique preferences. The Oracle MKII was way too harsh and bass light for my taste. Didn’t really matter what genre I threw at it. As a heads up if Oracle is to much for you stay clear of Glamdring or Fat Earth. Probably anything tuned by Michael for that matter. The bass on those eats Oracles for breakfast.

2 Likes

oracles have 6 db extra bass compared to what im used to from my monitors, so after years of flat bass its just too much for me personally for some genres. most of my playlist are old so the bass is fine most of the time. my usual setup is like 30 cm close nearfield monitor listening and thats close to flat on axis and flat is like lean bright and most iems that i auto eq sound muffled and dark to me because im used to a bright tilted sound. you might say its high frequency loss but i can hear 20k.400 on my monitors clearly and 19k.600 on the oracles and all 10bs on my work ear check even on high frequencies as a guy in his early 20s .
maybe different hrtf? idk.
but yeah these are u shaped, and if you want far field neutral then iems like variations, monarch mk2, b2dusk and similarly harman like tuned are all tuned to achieve that.

no comments, are you michael by any chance?

i would love them as a 8 yo when all i listened was my free buds that came in my phone box but now? i might pass on them?

I know both of them beyond the screen names; they are NOT the same person, and are geographically far-removed from each other. Very different "M"s with tastes that just happen to line up sometimes.

1 Like

AüR Audio Neon Pro! A bit over 600, but good for metal and many other genres.

1 Like

Until I mention that his tunings remind me of another IEM. He does not take well to that lmao. It’s all good though. I like that he’s so dedicated to his tuning and mastering his preference. Helps me out as well since I really enjoy them.

Funny thing for me is my preferences are sort of opposite as get older and more into the hobby. I want more bass or at least bass over treble. Just takes a lot of hunting as a lot of them end being implemented poorly and come Free Budish. I’ve owned plenty that fit in that camp. You implement it right though and there’s some amazing IEMs that fit in this category. Be it from the fast tight bass and intimate soundstage of UP to the large holographic bass pumping Glam.

One of the things I like most about here is seeing everyone’s varying preferences. It’s extremely fascinating how we can like the same genre/song and come up with 10 different ways how we all like it presented.

As @Sonofholhorse mentioned I have no affiliation to MB. Just enjoy his tunings and have bought two of them and demoed one. Didn’t even know who he was until a few months back when people here started taking about Glamdring.

5 Likes

You can keep your opinion, I have my own opinion, simple is that :).

Well, Slayer is gone and I treasured their last tour in here. That’s all.

1 Like

Im actually using LETSHUOER EJ09 on Mercyful Fate and Agent Steel tracks. I’m enjoying those lingering guitars lines and vocals of King Diamond and John Cyriis respectively.

1 Like

EJ09 isn’t a model I see around very often, but fans of it seem to be diehards. Sounds like you’re putting yours to good use!

I always speak my mind. That’s what the forum is for and I don’t care what others think! :wink:

And you seem to enjoy provoking just a little bit :smile:

2 Likes

I had a chuckle too…

:smile:

2 Likes

Same here…my thoughts, my expression and my opinion. Either people agree with me or not, Its my own business. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m enjoying my EJ09 to my listening session, thought quite picky to some music genre due to its neutral and extremely good resolution. But overall it is well-executed set.

1 Like

EJ07M with the bass tuck may not be ideal for bass guitar and kick drum. Just my 2 cents :wink:

1 Like

lol your iem cost double or even triple the price of your phone

1 Like

Well, LG phones are my still workhorse phone, I still have LG V20 in my collection. Yeah, Old but reliable enough for my daily usage. I just dont need to update my phones on yearly basis :slight_smile:

That phone is an LG G7 and I have an incoming LG V60.

1 Like