So, a little backstory: I entered the hobby around April/May, and I’ve almost fully converted into IEMs and Earbuds by now, since I love their portability and usability, specially during the day or at work.
So I own a lot of buds and a couple IEMs, and now I’m looking into sources. At first because I wanted to learn more about them and about the different “flavours” they can give, but now I also need a different source that has low floor noise.
I do own Btr5, Shanling M3X, a couple of dongles and I have an amp (Venture Eletronics’ Run About Plus 5) incoming, part of a bundle, that is stuck at customs atm.
I bought a Tansio Marai Land a month ago, but I was on vacations and didnt put too much attencion into it, but some days ago I realized I have floor noise (hiss) from my M3X, that is my main source.
Since I dont know much about dac amps, I’m in need of assistance. My budget is up to 400 bucks, but around 200 would be perfect.
My must haves:
- Somewhat portable or stackable
- Good baterry life
- Low floor noise/nice for IEMs
- Lineout to use other amps if desired, and act as DAC
- good output power for more demanding buds, future proof, but doesnt have to be a beast.
What I’d would like to have, but not mandatory:
- good interface/knobs
- 4.4mm headphone jack
- bass button
- iem match
Will be used with:
- Maybe cellphone
What I have on the list:
- Xduoo Xd-05 plus (maybe balanced, not sure its worth it tho and double the price, but built in bt) - Seems good, can roll op amps later.
- Luxury & Precision W2 - simple but effetive
- ifi hip-dac - not sure on this one
- ifi nano dsd - dont know much about, but BL gets a lot of praise
Thanks in advance!