Help on some cans for a tube

other options I can think of are meze 99 noir as well as the MSR7 and M60x.

They are very warm, have great thickness, very detailed mids and bass with great impact, and a bit darker headphone but still detailed in the high end. Pretty wide sounding. Really going after the warm and analog sound imo. But it might not have enough high end for some. Build and comfort is great for the price imo

I don’t think he would enjoy the 99 noir if he doesn’t like a strong v shape, but the msr7 would be a good choice if you like a brighter and detail oriented signature

is it not semi open though?

It doesn’t really leak and isolates decently well imo, otherwise I wouldn’t have recommended it

Lol im dumb and forgot wat vshaped is. I remeber and i dont really listen to songs with much mids. Sry.

Well a v shape typically has a recessed mid-range

Ya i dont cate about vocals that much and mids in general

Do you like emphasized bass and treble? Or do you like a brighter signature?

Yees. Treble for days. With a nice base floor.

Well the msr7 might be for you then lol

And the 770 250 ohm also would work well for that too

Does it have a nice vintage sound with a tube? The msr7

Typically a vintage sound has smoother treble and not as present, and also a thicker mid-range imo, where the msr7 would not really fit that description lol

The tube might help, but I don’t think that would be the ideal headphones then

How would you descibe the song roundabout by yes cuz i listen to thosr types of songs

I say the 770 is better due to the nicer bass extension. in this case

1 Like

That would be somewhat mid-range and bass prominent, I think it would work pretty well on something like the nighthawk, k371, or the h6. Would sound good on the 770 or msr7 but might not sound as natural

if your looking for treble for days as well as a good bass extension definitely the 770. the 770 benefits from beyer treble which so many comlain about surprisingly wide stage , good imaging, and tube pretty decently like it’s siblings

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, but then the too v shaped thing threw me off lol

the mids aren’t too pulled back either they are adequate just don’t expect a sennheiser can

Nighthawks are too expensive. U got anything else thats about the same?