Help this broke newb into the Audio World

I have no problems with the emu.
Sometimes you have to lift it briefly to get some air back in it, then it works again for 2-3 hours.
But you get used to that and it’s not bad at all. my ear fits well on it and it doesn’t hurt.

I didn’t play with the Eq on the Dt 770, which quickly became uninteresting to me.
I don’t think you’ll like it.it’s also a bit tiring with time due to the peak and I always had a slight ringing in my ears.
I had no problems with the glasses, the comfort is good.

Even on the audeze Lcd 2 c or Fostex earpiece I have no problems.
If your temple is not too thick, I wouldn’t worry about it.
It can be annoying if they are too thick because they press on the temple.
So it depends more on the glasses than on the headphones :wink:.

Hmm yeah it’ll probably be more of a hassle. Thanks.

Oh I see, mine are not too thick I guess. Let’s hope it’s not a problem.

Well, it’s back to been stuck between the Purpleheart and the K361/371 then… :upside_down_face: I know I really shouldn’t overthink it, but these are going to be my first pair, and I want to make sure I made the right decision and be happy with them for as long as they may last or can afford an upgrade in the future…

Was going to throw Meze 99 Noir in this thread as an option at top of budget.

What’s the difference between all the 99 models (Classics, Neo and Noir)?

Also, I’ve seen on Drop some people where complain about mold on both the packaging and the headphones. What’s the deal with that?

Style.
The mold I can not comment on.

Can you elaborate a bit on “style”, please?

the classicsand noir sound virtually the same one is just cheaper than the other and the noir is just a different colorway. the neo is made out of cheaper materials than both opting for a metal plastic build vs wood on the other 2. the neo goes for a bit more fun consumer sounding going for more bass quantity sounding looser and boomier . from what I remember theverything else was similar in terms of sound.

in terms of physical style. its all up to how much you wanna pay for aesthetics and how baller you are in you ability to rock gold trim and wood in respect to the classics

Thanks for the clarification! So considering that the Classics and Noir sound basically the same, how would you rate their sound? Meaning, how good do they measure? You said the bass is less exaggerated on these, which is good for me.

If you want accuracy meze noir ,neo, or classics are not the way to go. They sound like a well done consumer tuning. Fun bass heavy and laid back in the treble section at least to my ears. Kinda like beats but not you know… Shit.

Hahahah yep, sadly I know… Got it, thanks. So, would you still recommend them over the Purpleheart and the K361/71?

Depends. The purple hearts are the sub $500 bass gods. The akg k361 is closer to what you want if you want accuracy leans neutral bright with good mids. The 371 is the 361 but with more bass and slightly more upper mids and slightly less pecky treble. What I recommend depends entirely on what you specifically need/want

This appears to be closer to what I want.

Well here’s exactly what I’m looking for:

I have these and I love them for gaming, would not necessarily suggest then for music though. I prefer Porta Pro and KSC75 over these for music.

1 Like

Cooler Master MH751 and Takstar 82 Pro share some similarities.
I did not like the treble on the Takstar, too sharp for me (new version).
I’ve sent it back because of the sound & very questionable packaging/quality from takstar official store (Aliexpress). Small things like 6,3mm adapter being shit (loose contact), completely squished earpads and some other minor issues. Personally, I don’t trust these in terms of quality & longevity.
DT770 Pro has some treble peaks that I can’t live with. Sivga SV006 gets some bad reviews, but can’t comment further.
The meze 99 noir & classics are a tiny bit different according to some reviewers.
Those are apparently quite microphonic aswell & I would not use them for the outside world.
(I’m really interested in them for home use tho - don’t get me wrong).
But I wouldn’t want to commute with that antenna/crown on my head.
A small difference between K371 & K361 I wanna mention: the K371 uses mini-XLR,
which I would consider much better compared to the K361 proprietary connection thingy.

1 Like

I still think the meze neo99 would be the best imo. I haven’t tried the emu purplehearts, but a friend of mine did and he said it was “unremarkable”. I tried the sound demo of the emu and I could sorta get what he meant. I have tried the neo99 and those were VERY impressive. Also the Sivga 006 seem to have less bass then the meze. I have dt 990s as well. They’re the open version of the 770s. And if the sound signature is the same beyer v, I would NOT recommend them. The mids are just too recessed imo.

1 Like

Do you think the 99 neo are very bassy?
When I look at graphs I feel like those are basshead cans (like 10dB above “neutral”?).
That’s something I would enjoy personally, but was wondering in context with OP “A good amount of bass but reasonable, so as not to bleed into the rest of the frequencies”.
But I’ve never heard them, so what do I know^^

1 Like

Yeah I think they’re on the bassy side of things. They have a little bleed into the mid bass, but still very tasteful and executes rumble bass excellently (and this is coming from a nighthawk user lol). The punchy bass isn’t as hard as I’d like it to be, but still pretty good for the price.

1 Like

The Dt770 250 ohm is such a good pick here too damn.

Given op dosent want an amp, I don’t think that would work well. Also the mids are way to recessed imo.

The 770 250 ohm? I don’t find that the case at all. 80 ohm though I would agree. But I’m this case the often overlooked b and o h6 might not be a bad choice