Help this broke newb into the Audio World

Great to know, thanks!

Thanks for the detailed answer!

Thanks for the input, won’t go for these then.

Is this a huge problem, like a deal-breaker? Can it be fixed in some way?

These headphones with be indoors-use only, (mostly, I think…). I ordered the KPH30iK yesterday because they’re on sale and everybody says “don’t think about it, just get them!”, so those would be for my commutes, given their portability and low price.

The B&O H6 seem to be outside my budget :sweat_smile:

fuck I always forget it’s discontinued so what does exist is way above msrp

What would you recommend instead, considering what I want? The DT770 seems to be very bright and peaky (which is a NO-go for me) and I can’t afford to buy and amp too.

As an owner of both the AKG K361 and Cooler Master MH751 I would definitely say Cooler Master MH751 if you can still find them. Or the Takstar variant.
The trebble is not sharp at all, at least not compared to the K361.

So you think the CM have better sound quality than the AKG? Most are saying they’re good for gaming but not for music though and I want them for music, not gaming at all…

Thanks for the info!

The CM are definitely better all rounders. But in certain songs the K361 demolishes the CM and in others they’re definitely on the harsh side and you will find yourself dropping volume to avoid getting stabbed in the ear. So overall I still say CM. Comfort wise they also win.

1 Like

Hmmm, could you elaborate a bit more sound-wise?

Hmmm that’s something to think about… :thinking:

+1 for the meze neo, was my first real
Headphone and they are great for the price!

1 Like

Thanks, good to know!

I owned the Takstar 82 Pro & AKG K361/K371 and compared them.
To me the Takstar seemed more sibilant than the K371 by quite a margin,
I do not remember against the K361, since I already prefered the K371.

I actually thought that takstar official packed me an old Version of the 82 Pro,
since they seemed to peaky. But support crew told me that was not the case.
This is subjective tho & the Cooler Master MH751 is not very different from the K371 in terms of treble.

Those are very very close measurements in the highs.

Some peeps complain about quality control issues in the Cooler Master MH751 Amazon reviews,
but take that with a grain of salt.

1 Like

After more input the headphones candidates are:

1. AKG 371
  2. Meze 99 (Noir or Neo)
  3. Cooler Master MH571 / 572(?) (maybe… need more sound quality opinions…)
  4. Beyerdynamic DT700 (probably not for the peaky treble and amp need…)
  5. E-MU Purpleheart (probably not if they’re are bass-cans as they say…)

Check the thread I made a little earlier in the same section (still on the first page so easy to find). For my thoughts on the CM and K361 in a little more detail.

(currently right below yours)

Thanks. Now, how accurate and truly trustworthy are meassurement graphs in your opinion? Some people here in the forums say “take them with a grain of salt, they don’t tell the whole story”.

Will do, thank you!

theres also the creative aurvana live’s. great budget cans.