🔶 Hiby Audio R4

This is the official thread for the Hiby R4

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Point1 Android 12
  • Point2: 4 x ES9018C2M DAC Chips
  • Point3 class-A amplification

:red_circle: Hiby Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

1 Like
3 Likes

Just been collected now back on the :notes::ferry: and on charge :+1:

5 Likes

Impressions?
I asked one of my friends to loan it to me.

I have one in transit. Oh and @ZeosPantera, I ordred the Black on Black - So What! :rofl:

2 Likes

They are heavily focusing on the SW part, make sure to play with them intensively.

Just beware of any R4 firmware updates, just download one this morning and the digital volume is now locked, both screen and physical buttons with no way as far as I can see of unlocking it…only way to adjust the volume now is to go into settings and adjust it there :triumph:
That’ll give me something to sort out when I get back from work…factory reset :man_shrugging:t2: we’ll see.

2 Likes

All sorted the update must of switched on the SPDIF and USB digital volume locks for some reason, I’ve just now switched them off and all’s well :smiley::+1:

3 Likes

Finally found a use for the massive Sunniva case…

@Rikudou_Goku’s S3 :ok_hand:

5 Likes

What’s SW…software? I don’t really mess with stuff apart from tips ’n cables the rest is best left to engineers :man_shrugging: :notes::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

Yes heavily. I know the dev team, you should take a tour at the SW side of things too.

Nah I’m ok with that side of things man…I listen to and love music when ever I have a chance…with my chosen sets ’n sources…I really don’t find the need to re-master or do the tuners work while I chill :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Respect that. Let us know your findings

1 Like

It’s the 1.11 firmware you are speaking of correct?

You’re feeding my excitement. Now wishing I would have paid for a speedier shipping. Mine has made it to the US but looks to be in customs still as it hasn’t been picked up yet by the US Postal service to begin the ‘last-mile’ trek.

Sweet I like how it’s displaying the sample rate in the display info along with the colored bar.

2 Likes

I think so? I just downloaded it as it was the latest firmware available, apart from my previous now resolved problem all is fine and dandy :+1:

2 Likes

I rather like the Black on Black …

6 Likes

Mine came with the 1.11 firmware installed.

It’s asking me to update the Hiby Music app -did you do that? My fist experince so I’m hesitant to do it becuase its using a non registered app store ?

I don’t use Hiby Music so I’ve not seen that, I just downloaded Google and used their App store to get Amazon HD :+1:

2 Likes

Right On, I use Qobuz, and Roon Arc for streaming but I loaded a SD card with a bunch files and was using the Hiby Player for those. It is a pretty neat device so far.

1 Like