đź’Ł "HifiGuides Room" 9105 at RMAF -- Official thread

This is the official thread for the room at RMAF being hosted by HiFiGuides, Z-reviews, and myself.
Info: [https://youtu.be/jx_jFCQAT2A]

This thread is for general discussion about the room at RMAF as well as for ideas, suggestions, and volunteers.

We’ll also be listing meetups for the event here as well as the gear you’ll see there.

9 Likes

Hello everyone! Welcome to our new forums!! HiFiGuides.com is here to help you find the headphones (and soon) amps, dacs, speakers, subs, bidets, portable players, and tutorials you need.

BUT…

these forums are here to make a community. Not just the High Fidelity crowd but anyone trying to enjoy music. I hope the room at RMAF will be a way to bring these people together also. But with snacks.

POST AWAY!!

3 Likes

Just wondering if you will be releasing a list of what you will be bringing to RMAF? I know you went over a few things in the video, but just wondering if you’re going to do a followup when everything is finalized?
Good luck with all the things:clap:

1 Like

Congrats on the website and forums.

BTW, the apartment looks much bigger on the floor plan than in real life. :wink:

1 Like

You think you a funny man. You funny.

“You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it’s me, I’m a little f@%ked up maybe, but I’m funny how, I mean funny like I’m a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I’m here to f$ckin’ amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?”

Damn, now I want to go watch this movie! With your Ohm Walshes! :wink:

1 Like

When, in the course of development, class distinctions have disappeared and all audio equipment production has been concentrated in the hands of a vast association of the whole nation, the public power will lose its political character. Political power, properly so called, is merely the organized power of one class for oppressing another with overpriced cables. If the proletariat during its contest with the bourgeoisie is compelled, by the force of circumstances and costly electrostatic headphones, to organize itself as a class, if, by means of a revolution in powered bookshelf speakers with built-in DACs, it makes itself the ruling class, and, as such, sweeps away by force the old conditions of production then it will, along with these conditions, have swept away the conditions for the existence of class antagonisms, and of classes generally, and will thereby have abolished its own supremacy as a class and provided affordable tube amps.

In place of the old bourgeois society with its classes of ornate horn speakers and class antagonisms we shall have an association in which the free development of each ribbon tweeter is the condition for the free development of all.

To victory, Tovarishch Zeos.

1 Like

we’re planning on releasing a general list at some point closer to the event. There will be updates in this thread and on our channels as we go.

2 Likes

The little Loxjie (lox-i-je or what ever) small wedge amp please. With Klipcsh. Lets show the snobs what a 60 dollar chinese amp can do :smiley:

I actually have it and Zeos was not wrong - it is pretty remarkable for that price. And looks cool. (The most important part)

I can’t think of a product that better embodies the spirit of “super high end for good price” than the JDS Labs Atom amp. By most evaluations it is the best measuring headphone amp, and it costs $99.

All the RMAF elites who have been plugging in to $3000, distortion producing amps will have nothing to do but harrumph about the Atom’s plastic case.

3 Likes

You will need another room at the rate Z is mentioning stuff for RMAF in his reviews.

1 Like

I am disappointed that Zeos has not reached his goal by now to pay for all he wants to achieve at RMAF.
I am eternally grateful for his relentless pursuit of well made, well constructed affordable audio products.
Having been interested in audio for over 55 years I have witnessed the never ending creep of audio excess.
The product choice in most mainstream audio press is to review the most over built, over promoted, over priced and under achieving audio components.
Zeos has managed to try to restore some sanity to this endeavor by his never ending search for over achieving high value/low cost products. And he has done this well for some time.
His method has been entertaining and enlightening and well produced.
How we all can take advantage of this effort and not be willing to help him confront this excess is beyond belief.
For all the many thousands of views his reviews receive if every one contributed $5.00 or $10.00 he could make his goal in a heartbeat.
If we all appreciate his effort we all have to back him.

2 Likes

Hmm, I did remember trying to contribute had failed for some reason - seems GFM is not available in my country. I guess I’ll just up my Patreon tier for a month or something, get in on this without even having to create a new account anywhere. :slight_smile:

OK so an update is coming. We might have to share the room after-all but at least it is with people we trust who follow a similar philosophy of Price to Performance.

3 Likes

So happy I could donate guys! Some things came and now I won’t be able to make it FML!!! I hope you make a video to share the fun and that it all goes amazingly so you can do it next year!

1 Like

Price to performance at a hi end show. Brilliant! Have fun!

1 Like

Super excited for RMAF

1 Like

I’ve been into audio since '73 and have an electronics background. I love good sound but have never understood spending tons of money to get that extra fraction of a percent of performance that takes an oscilloscope to measure.

2 Likes

Guys. Your logo is missing from RMAF exhibitors! Get them to add this. Expand your brand!

See you there.

2 Likes