šŸ’£ "HifiGuides Room" 9105 at RMAF -- Official thread

Were you able to demo the vokyls. Still not many impressions of them, so it would be nice to hear another.

Dude I hope you guys get more coverage, this was fun to hear.

1 Like

Maybe some closed booths could solve it. Could be made of ceiling to floor thick drapes at least, if not wood and rockwool walls etc. But anyway those would add to the cost, making it even more important that the guys change the math on this thing so it brings in more cash. Someone on AVS said everything sold at a(n overall?) 40% discount - maybe thatā€™s a bit too generous, since weā€™re already talking about affordable audio as it is.

I guess something like makeshift vocal isolation booths could be easily made for cheap. Would do the job. Just might be a hassle to setup and take down for only like 3 days of usage

Great quotes from the podcast:

ā€œThe most important room at RMAFā€

ā€œThe best experienceā€

ā€œPeople were having fun, young and oldā€

2 Likes

which podcast kp, Iā€™m curious?

The one Mufflertape posted. The discussion about the HifiGuides room is about 30 minutes in.

1 Like

Like I said, so much background noise made it difficult to demo cans. That being said my impression of the volkls was that they where bass cannons. Just bloated and fuzzy. I listened for 30 seconds and put them down. They are hot garbage IMO. I would give them another chance in a quiet room to see if they can redeem themselves. But my limited experience was that they were so bad, that I didnā€™t even try to compare them to anything else on the table.

They must of had different pads on then. Nobody else has had a bad experience with them (pointing out that the bass never is bloated or bleeds).

Yeah that doesnā€™t sound right. All I can think is they werenā€™t plugged in properly. @JDM_WAAAT had the same issue. I had to go back, Use a different 1/4 adapter or use them 3.5mm on the 789. The 4-pole plug on them makes seating them in adapters hard/impossible.

3 Likes

I guess not. :wink:

2 Likes

Glad to know, Paul is so based and redpilled

Wow, I think this is the first time I have ever seen the face of Zeos. Rare find.

1 Like

Lol, well, he said he did not care about being filmed (or, obviously, seen) at RMAF, for once. :stuck_out_tongue:

Imo he really should have had a GoPro mask made lol

1 Like

Lol! Yes, Iā€™ve seen this video too.

That was really nice of Paul to do that. Very cool, and Iā€™m glad for @ZeosPantera and @DMS. Well done. :+1:t4:

3 Likes

What is amazing is that he looks exactly like I imagined him. That never happens!!!

1 Like

I never really could imagine what he looked like. Just some guy with no face. Itā€™s good to have something to visualize now while he is talking though.

1 Like